Bluetooth Microphone

Ash

I have a pair of Turtle Beach PX51 headphones that I use for multiplayer gaming. They're wireless, the sound is transmitted via WiFi from a receiver and the microphone connects via bluetooth to the PC. My mates tell me though that the sound quality from the microphone is horrendous, almost inaudible. Is there a reason for this? I'm pretty sure it shouldn't sound that bad.

Everon

Enthusiast
Ye I have this headset as well which I use on my PC and PS4. I had to stop using it for PC gaming using the mic as the quality was rubbish. The reason for this is the bitrate that bluetooth uses to communicate to the headset mic. This headset was never deisgned to be used on a PC according to Turtle Beach,

Go to recording devices, recording tab. Right click the headset and go properties and then go on the advanced tab. Notice the low low bitrate compared to a standard usb headset. This is why you sound like your in india. As far as I am aware it uses a mobile bitrate setting and cannot be adjusted, at least not that I can find.

The only other thing you can do is buy the wired attachment they sell and use it wired, but that defeats the object of having a wireless headset lol.

You could try looking on their support forum at:
http://support.turtlebeach.com/entry/830517212/

Sorry I cant be of more help, Jay

Last edited: