Boot sequence missing,help!

Timeblue

I just tried swapping the hard drive to a bigger one and i noticed that there wasnt a boot from cd option,have i done changed the boot sequence by mistake?

steaky360

You're going to need to elaborate here - what did you do? Swap out a secondary drive for a larger one? Swap out your main hard drive for a larger one?

If you put the windows DVD in then the PC will likely boot from that regardless - but there will be a boot from DVD option in your bios - is that where you are looking?

Timeblue

You're going to need to elaborate here - what did you do? Swap out a secondary drive for a larger one? Swap out your main hard drive for a larger one?

If you put the windows DVD in then the PC will likely boot from that regardless - but there will be a boot from DVD option in your bios - is that where you are looking?

I got my machine (optimus vii) a fortnight ago and it came with a 120 ssd,I bought a 1tb ssd to replace it and after I had swapped it over,i noticed that there was no cd boot in the bios boot settings.

Timeblue

in the boot section I have -boot option 1 UEFI: IP4 realtek PCIe GBE family controller and boot option 2 UEFI: IP6 realtek PCIe GBE family controller with UEFI setting underneath.

steaky360

Silly question alert - do you have a DVD drive?

I'd probably give PCS a call just now to discuss, is there not space for both SSD's in the laptop?

Timeblue

Silly question alert - do you have a DVD drive?

I'd probably give PCS a call just now to discuss, is there not space for both SSD's in the laptop?

I do have a DVD drive installed,was thinking about not having one when ordering it in order to have two hard drives but decided I needed one....

steaky360

Failing any other options, you should be able to download it from another device and transfer it over using a usb pen drive (or similar)

ahmsub

Bronze Level Poster
use drivers from clevo.com optimus vii model is n170rd ( i think)

i reinstalled my windows 10 on my optimus vii, but the pcs drivers were slightly older versons than from clevo website.

also, optimus vii laptop does not officially support windows 7.