Bought Crysis from Shopto... Download won't work

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
I just tried to buy Crysis maximum edition download from Shopto as I had about £8 store credit left so it was the cheapest place I could find it for £13. I tried buying it with my remaining balance/debit card and for some reason it wasn't giving me the game but it had put my store credit up to the amount I needed to buy the game. I tried buying it again using purely the store credit now which didn't charge my debit card and the order still didn't process. I got an email saying they'd be in touch soon and that they'd received my payment but that was it. No trace in the orders section, my balance was still the same in my Shopto account, no sign of the game anywhere. I decided it might be something wrong with the maximum edition so I tried the standard Crysis on it's own. This worked straight away and showed straight up in my orders with a link to download it.

I click the link, it downloads a 3.9mb .exe file. Open the .exe, download begins, but it's only 18mb... Download finishes pretty much straight away, takes me through an install wizard but keeps going on about some Crytek sandbox mode rather than just Crysis. Install finishes and I'm left with no sign of the game other than a folder in my C drive with some files in it do with an Editor. No matter what I click on in these files it won't run at all and to be honest I don't even think it's downloaded properly in the first place.

I've tried redownloading the link, tried using the product key in both Steam and Origin instead. Neither work. Really don't know what to do. I bought Test Drive 2 from there as well tonight for £2.84 and it's downloading fine, all 6.5gb of it. For some reason the link that Shopto are giving me for Crysis isn't the full link but only an 18mb download.

Has anyone got any possible solutions? Also I really hope the 2 maximum editions I processed don't go through, my card hasn't been charged and my store credit stayed the same so I just assumed it hadn't processed correctly. Don't really want to wait till Monday to get a response from them if I call or email.

Thanks guys

sted

Rising Star
I know nothing about shopto. Are they a well endorsed, official and reliable business? I know this is likely a silly question as not all people blindly go into purchasing things, but it's not unheard of. I've been silly enough to do it myself, admittedly.

Other than that, maybe the download wasn't entirely successful. I've found some clients that host downloads can break connection, even if just briefly and corrupt or simply not give a full download in some cases. I've seen it happen a lot at times.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Shopto are a well established and normally reliable company,it was drunken monkey who put me on to them.

Last edited:

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Yea I've used them on quite a few occasions, brilliant for pre-orders (I believe they got told off once for dispatching pre-orders too early!) and they offer a very good service in general. Haven't had much experience with downloads though and after googling a bit tonight I've heard quite a few similar stories of keys not being emailed, etc.

I suppose I'll try again tomorrow and email them if it's still not working. Bit bummed to be honest, just bought Crysis 2 from Origin for £5 but really wanted to play the first one first. Nevermind.