Brand NEW PC from PCS. Corrupted Recycle Bin?

ryapow

so I have had this gaming pc for few days and already having issues with it. I haven't deleted nothing recently apart from pictures I downloaded for wallpapers.

I restarted my PC and had The Recycle Bin on D:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?

even after reinstalling windows I am still having this issue?.

does anyone have any fixes from this apart from the CMD fix etc.

many thanks

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
so I have had this gaming pc for few days and already having issues with it. I haven't deleted nothing recently apart from pictures I downloaded for wallpapers.

I restarted my PC and had The Recycle Bin on D:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?

many thanks

That would usually mean you don’t have rights to the d drive contents?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor

many thanks

Is there anything in the recycle bin on D:? If so try to empty it (though this may not work).

If you're certain there is nothing in that bin that you want you can delete it manually and reboot. To do that try the following....

1. The Recycle Bin is a hidden system folder so you'll need to display those. Type 'control folders' in the Run box, click the View tab of the dialog that opens, scroll down to the 'Hide protected operating system files' and uncheck that box. You'll get a confirmation, answer Yes, and then click Apply.

2. Open a command prompt and navigate to the root of your D:\ drive.

3. Enter the command 'rd $Recycle.Bin /s /q' to delete the recycle bin folder and contents (you won't be asked to confirm this because of the /q switch).

4. Go back to the folder options dialog and check the 'Hide protected operating system files' box again.

5. Reboot. Windows will create a new Recycle Bin folder on your D:\ drive.

BTW. The Recycle Bin on D:\ was preserved across the reinstallation because a Windows install affects only the system drive.

Last edited:

ryapow

Is there anything in the recycle bin on D:? If so try to empty it (though this may not work).

If you're certain there is nothing in that bin that you want you can delete it manually and reboot. To do that try the following....

1. The Recycle Bin is a hidden system folder so you'll need to display those. Type 'control folders' in the Run box, click the View tab of the dialog that opens, scroll down to the 'Hide protected operating system files' and uncheck that box. You'll get a confirmation, answer Yes, and then click Apply.

2. Open a command prompt and navigate to the root of your D:\ drive.

3. Enter the command 'rd $Recycle.Bin /s /q' to delete the recycle bin folder and contents (you won't be asked to confirm this because of the /q switch).

4. Go back to the folder options dialog and check the 'Hide protected operating system files' box again.

5. Reboot. Windows will create a new Recycle Bin folder on your D:\ drive.

BTW. The Recycle Bin on D:\ was preserved across the reinstallation because a Windows install affects only the system drive.

thank you for this, I managed to fix the problem with a fix on YT. hoping this works and doesn't happen again. any ideas what would cause this to happen?