Brand new pc won't load FM2013

GoldenBen

Hi guys, my new pc came today, really like it except I can't seem to load Football Manager 2013. I'm shocked as my old ancient laptop could open it, it displays the adverts then the screen just goes black and no menu pops up.

My stats are :
i5 4670K overclocked
GTX 760
8GB RAM
1TB Hybrid Drive
Windows 8

Any ideas why it won't load properly guys? Any help much appreciated, I didn't think i'd have problems like this

Boozad

Prolific Poster
It's nothing to do with the hardware as it runs fine on my 780. What resolution is your monitor at, and is it 60Hz?

Try verifying the game cache.

GoldenBen

It's nothing to do with the hardware as it runs fine on my 780. What resolution is your monitor at, and is it 60Hz?

Try verifying the game cache.

Ok its really frustrating, I've tried many different things and nothing has worked, just won't load past the adverts for nothing. My monitor is just under 1080p at the minute, 1768 x 992 to be precise and think its 30hz. Is this a possible reason why it's not loading? Any help to get this working would be much appreciated, I've ran team fortress 2 and other games and it ran like a dream, so it cant be the hardware

Boozad

Prolific Poster
It's not the hardware. Can you adjust your resolution to 1920x1080? And I doubt your monitor will be 30Hz, probably 60 Hz. Did you verify the game cache through Steam?