Brand stickers

Yamikotai

Expert
My friend got an Optimus III recently, and it looked great except for the brand stickers. They were all neatly applied, but it still annoyed us that they were on there at all (some more than others - one is a handy reference to the GPU model, whereas another is just 'HDMI'. *sarcastic happy jig*), particularly since they can be difficult to remove.

I'm looking to order one once my student loan comes in next month - is it possible to order it without the stickers applied? (but still in the package if a user wants to apply sticker(s) themselves.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately some stickers are required as part of agreements with manufacturers, such as the Nvidia logo. The stickers on the Optimus III are mandatory but with a little gentle persuasion they can be removed by keen finger-nails.

HonestFlames

Bronze Level Poster
When I de-stickered my Dell laptop, the imprint of the stickers remained for many months. No sticky residue, just a visible outline of where the stickers used to be.

Used nothing more than my nails to remove them. No big deal.

**EDIT**

It just occurred to me that if all we have to worry about are a few stickers, we ought spare a thought for people buying systems from other vendors. Vendors who love to preinstall masses and masses of crapware!

Adli

Enthusiast
i only have 3 on my Optimus:

1 THX sticker
1 NVIDIA OPTIMUS sticker
1 NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 650M 1GB sticker

i don't really mind them since when im using the laptop my left wrist is covering them and when im not using it the lid is closed :p

tom6561

Gold Level Poster
I have just the one on my Skyfire II (NVIDIA if anybody wondered) and it doesn't really bother me, as HonestFlames said, at the point where the stickers become an annoyance, you know that you don't have much to fault with PCS. Once removed would it not be possible to get rid of the residue or mark with a slightly moist cloth or something along those lines?