Browsers not working

Haz311289

Silver Level Poster
Every now and then i am getting a problem with my browsers not displaying websites and playing videos. Also when this happens for example songs on my itunes doesn't even start. They don't fix themselves until i reset my IP with CMD, i am looking for a more permanent fix if possible, I am using Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome.
Thank you.

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I would first check that the driver for either your LAN card or WiFi card (if you use WiFi) are up to date. Also make sure for both the LAN card and the WiFi card (if you use WiFi) have the 'Allow Windows to turn off this device to save power' option disabled (unchecked).

Haz311289

Silver Level Poster
Hi, i've just tried that with no success, Strange thing really as when this happens i cannot open discord (it just stays on the loading screen), youtube videos don't play and Itunes music won't even start.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Hi, i've just tried that with no success, Strange thing really as when this happens i cannot open discord (it just stays on the loading screen), youtube videos don't play and Itunes music won't even start.

Can other applications access the Internet when this happens? Can other devices play YouTube videos when this happens on your PC? I think you need to determine whether this is a networking issue (in which case everything will be dead) or just a high-bandwidth usage issue (in which case low-bandwidth stuff like email should still work). It's also important to determine whether this issue is just on your PC or on all devices connecting via the same router.

You really need to localise this more before we can start thinking about what the cause might be.....