BSoD issue on startup

egorgeg

Enthusiast
The stop code I get is: PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA. What failed is: CorsairVBusDriver.sys.

After Googling the issue I found a post that says the easiest way to fix the CorsairVBusDriver.sys crash is to boot Windows 10 into the Recovery Environment and rename the driver. I have followed the steps to do this and I am unale to get into the Recorvery Environment, the PC just keeps restarting and attempting repairs, all of which after completing and restarting I get the same problem.

I tried calling PCS but the phone lines were very busy, so I'm going to wait until Monday as I have other things to get done today. So I'm unsure what to do until then and I thought I'd post here if anyone has any information to help.

Note, this PC is not the one in my forum signature it's another PC from PCS. If specs would help just ask I can post them.

egorgeg

Enthusiast
Yeah it would help if you post the specs
Alright.

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i5 Quad Core Processor i5-7600K (3.8GHz) 6MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG STRIX Z270E GAMING: LGA1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GB, WiFi - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
8GB Kingston DUAL DDR4 2133MHz (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070 - DVI, HDMI, DP - GeForce GTX VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive
1TB WD BLACK 3.5" WD1003FZEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W CS SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Processor Cooling
Corsair H60 Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 (64-bit) DVD with paper sleeve

egorgeg

Enthusiast
Can you boot Windows at all?
After repairing a bunch of times I managed to get onto Windows once, but after it seemed fine and I left it to do Steam updates and stuff it blue screened again and then can't get back in again.

egorgeg

Enthusiast
Sounds as though it might be an idea to do a clean install of windows
That's what I was thinking.

But I was hoping for another solution as it would be a pain to do a clean install. But if it's gotta be done it's gotta be done. I'll wait to see any other replies, and call PCS on Monday as well maybe.