BSOD when playing games.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I suspect I know what your problem may be, but first we need to get you writing dump files, because without dumps we can't prove anything. Please ensure that ALL of the following are true...
  • The page file must be on the same drive as your operating system
  • Set page file to "system managed for all drives"
  • Set system crash/recovery options to "Automatic memory dump"
  • Windows Error Reporting (WER) system service should be set to MANUAL
  • User account control must be running
In addition, the following can also prevent you seeing dumps...
  • SSD drives with older firmware do not create dumps (update the drive firmware)
  • Cleaner applications like Ccleaner and Windows Disk Cleanup delete dump files, so don't run them until you are fixed
  • Bad RAM may prevent the data from being saved and written to a file on reboot, so if all else fails test your RAM.
Did you go through @ubuysa suggestions to enable dumps?

carlos726811

Bright Spark
that looks fine.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 32

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
As above, without dumps there's not much anyone can do. The UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION bugcheck generally has three main causes; bad RAM (which is less likely since you've already run Memtest86), a flaky storage drive, or a rogue driver - often anti-malware or disk backup software.

Regarding storage drives, it could be either of those SSDs that you have. I've seen a number of niggly issues that were caused by poorly seated M.2 drives, so initially I'd suggest that you remove both M.2 drives and re-seat them fully.

The Seagate drive you can test with the Seagate Seatools software, run a drive diagnostic from within there. You can also try using Seatools on the PCS SSD too, the Seatools software does often work on non-Seagate drives.

Try the above and game some more.

carlos726811

Bright Spark
May i ask why i am not seeing dump logs when i set them up. I googled and noticed other people still done same and still struggling to find mini dump files

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
If you run the SysnativeBSODColletionApp it will find any dump files. Just post the zip file to the cloud.

carlos726811

Bright Spark
Been in touch with pcs. They suspect it's now hard drive. Reason being when reset nvme played game. It crashed again.. Tried to load up. But loading straight into bios. And in bios it's only showing 1 drive which is my 2nd drive pcs drive. I did seagate test and firecuda health was down to 95% and 2nd drive 100% I have to send drive back

carlos726811

Bright Spark
Done a fresh install of windows on 2ne drive and installed steam and destiny 2. Will let you know how I go on.

I reinstalled main nvme but still wasn't showing up in drives or in bios. So just sent main drive back. Will keep u informed

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
A bad system drive would explain why you weren't writing dumps. Let us know how things are with Windows on the other drive.

NOTE: When you get the replacement NVMe drive, and BEFORE you install Windows on it, format the second drive to remove that Windows system, then remove that second drive from the PC so that the new NVMe drive is the ONLY drive in the PC. Then install Windows.

Once Windows is installed and setup you can reconnect that (now empty) second drive and restore your data from backups.

This will ensure that Windows installs properly on the NVMe drive. It will also ensure that there is no confusion by having two Winfows installations active.

carlos726811

Bright Spark
A bad system drive would explain why you weren't writing dumps. Let us know how things are with Windows on the other drive.

NOTE: When you get the replacement NVMe drive, and BEFORE you install Windows on it, format the second drive to remove that Windows system, then remove that second drive from the PC so that the new NVMe drive is the ONLY drive in the PC. Then install Windows.

Once Windows is installed and setup you can reconnect that (now empty) second drive and restore your data from backups.

This will ensure that Windows installs properly on the NVMe drive. It will also ensure that there is no confusion by having two Winfows installations active
Yh. The person on phone told me sounds like faulty drive when i explained i wasn't getting any dumps.
But when it crashed this morning and i tried to load up again. It went straight to bios and was only showing 2nd drive active.
I installed windows and everything on 2nd drive no issues upto now.
When i installed main drive. Wasn't picking up.
So hopefully its down to drive.
I still couldn't understand why the was no dumps when i did everything you stated lol

carlos726811

Bright Spark
When I removed the nvme drive. I noticed the thermal pad was abit damaged. Is it still usable or would I need to install another. If I need another install. What would I need to look for. What size and thickness. Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240306_002256_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20240306_002256_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    778.8 KB · Views: 27

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
You'll need another thermal pad. Ask PCS whether they can supply one and if not what thickness to get.

FYI. When a BSOD occurs the memory dump is first written to the paging file (because the kernel already has that open) - and that's on the system drive. If the system drive is flaky that dump will be corrupted. On reboot the kernel looks to see whether there is a dump in the paging file, if there is it writes it out to a dump file - also on your system drive. Thus a flaky system drive has two opportunities to foul-up a dump being written.

carlos726811

Bright Spark
You'll need another thermal pad. Ask PCS whether they can supply one and if not what thickness to get.

FYI. When a BSOD occurs the memory dump is first written to the paging file (because the kernel already has that open) - and that's on the system drive. If the system drive is flaky that dump will be corrupted. On reboot the kernel looks to see whether there is a dump in the paging file, if there is it writes it out to a dump file - also on your system drive. Thus a flaky system drive has two opportunities to foul-up a dump being written.
I just been intouch with them. They are not sure if they can supply one and they not sure of thickness either.
I noticed they sell loads on amazon. Would any thickness do or would i need a certain thickness.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have had a look and can't see. the bloke who i spoke to had a look at manual aswell. He stated to me he cant see it either.
If you measure the current one, just increase it by 0.5mm, that should be fine. I would have though 1mm would be ok.

I'd recommend thermal grizzly pads.