BSOD with driver_power_state_failure error

Stressed

Silver Level Poster
Heyas!

Whenever I unplug my laptop (Defiance) to take it to bed (no what you think) I get a BSOD with driver_power_state_failure error. I really think the unplugging is what causes is because it's the only time it occurs, it's not instant - the BSOD comes up 1-2 minutes after unplugging.

I looked around online and found very different takes on this. Has anyone had this issue before? It's annoying, makes me want to keep my laptop plugged - but I can't play hearthstone plugged on my bed because laptop uses highest settings and the fans will go crazy. :D

HLEP!

LFFPicard

Godlike
It is related to a driver issue, so Spyder's question stands.
You could also check the system files, go to start -> Search and type "cmd" without quotes, you get the option to open as Administrator, do so then run the command "sfc /scannow" without quotes. This will check your system files for errors.

Stressed

Silver Level Poster
The windows was installed by PCS and the drivers installed are the ones from my account on pcs website.

The thing is that it only recently started doing this and I have not installed lately anything other than the regular video card update from nVidia.

I'll try the sfc /scannow thing as soon as I get home. :) thanks

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The windows was installed by PCS and the drivers installed are the ones from my account on pcs website.

The thing is that it only recently started doing this and I have not installed lately anything other than the regular video card update from nVidia.

I'll try the sfc /scannow thing as soon as I get home. :) thanks

It may be worth seeing if there's an update direct from Intel for your integrated graphics, it's possible that Optimus is crashing when switching to low power of battery.

Stressed

Silver Level Poster
So I ran command prompt with 'sfc /scannow' and it says 'Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.leg. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not supported in offline servicing scenarios.'

Stressed

Silver Level Poster
Actually it seems that the sfc /scannow has fixed it. I wanted to try plugging out the power from the laptop a couple of times before confirming.

Thanks a lot, that was very useful! :> I can now play hearthstone in my bed again without the BDOS.

LFFPicard

Godlike
:) Enjoy, It may have fixed the error relating to that but it might be worth pasting your log if you can in case what it could not repair can be resolved as well. Or just run the scan again and see if its all clear now.

I am slightly annoyed I started Hearthstone on my phone, but when I loaded it on my PC it started a brand new game. Bit depressing. Not that I was any good or got very far but still!