BSOD!!

nav112

Gold Level Poster
If I remember now the BSOD happened after I finished gaming and opened edge, suspecting that add-on now.

nav112

Gold Level Poster
MEMTEST came back clean, however now i am watching YT, it sometimes stops the video a STATUS_ACCESS_VIOALATION webpage error occurs, once refreshed it goes away. What is this?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
MEMTEST came back clean, however now i am watching YT, it sometimes stops the video a STATUS_ACCESS_VIOALATION webpage error occurs, once refreshed it goes away. What is this?
Browser issue, likely related to the plugin.

Try another browser that's clean, bet you it works.

nav112

Gold Level Poster
Can a faulty motherboard cause random Restarts (no bsod just restart), I know I've had problems with it before and am getting a replacement but I've had a few restarts and wondering if these are also symptoms of a bad board or a bigger problem?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Can a faulty motherboard cause random Restarts (no bsod just restart), I know I've had problems with it before and am getting a replacement but I've had a few restarts and wondering if these are also symptoms of a bad board or a bigger problem?
It's not impossible but in the list of things that could case a random restart it's pretty near the bottom.

I don't know whether you've done a fully clean reinstall of Windows, and TBH I'm not reading back through 7 pages to find out ;), but if you're starting to suspect hardware then a fully clean reinstall of Windows is essential. Random restarts are almost always a software or driver issue, so you need to create the most stable and clean operating system platform that you can, to be certain that software is not the issue.

To do that you must unplug all external devices (except monitor, mouse and keyboard), boot Windows install media (newly created on a new USB stick ideally), delete all existing UEFI partitions, install Windows, run the OOBE (the initial setup), and then run and rerun Windows Update until no more updates are found - this includes all optional updates (which you have to select manually).

At that point you have a pristine operating system so don't pollute it (yet) by installing a bunch of third party software. Run with the OS as is for as long as you can, trying everything you can to make is restart (based on you previous experiences). If it won't restart then your problem is (was) either bad software or a bad driver, so you now have to proceed carefully and cautiously installing things one at a time and testing thoroughly after each one - there is no shortcut to this - or you risk re-installing the problem and finding yourself back to square one.

nav112

Gold Level Poster
will do, however this whole thing is getting quite repetitivive. today the restart was accompianied with a bsod driver irql not less or equal and it didnt make a dump. it happened right after i closed my game which had been running for 8hrs

nav112

Gold Level Poster
I set it all up, as soon as edge opened I bsod (tcpipsys) was blamed. This is on new windows install with nothing on it

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I set it all up, as soon as edge opened I bsod (tcpipsys) was blamed. This is on new windows install with nothing on it
As above, did you delete all UEFI partitions? Did you run Windows Update repeatedly until no more updates were found? Did you then locate and install all optional updates - especially driver updates? Did you then install the latest AMD chipset and graphics card drivers manually?

If the answer to all the above is 'yes' then it's very likely you have a hardware issue there.

nav112

Gold Level Poster
im going to be changing pc cases soon (want a biiger one) so i will be getting new motherboard anyway. most likely i can get a new ram kit too, its most likely one of those two

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
im going to be changing pc cases soon (want a biiger one) so i will be getting new motherboard anyway. most likely i can get a new ram kit too, its most likely one of those two
If it sti restarts after a fully clean insta then a hardware issue is most likely. There is however no evidence to suggest irs either the motherboard or the RAM. Personally I'd phone PCS and talk this through with them.

nav112

Gold Level Poster
After hours of searching... I have found the fault in my pc.
1638036129866.png

nav112

Gold Level Poster
Application Name: cpumetricsserver.exe
This has been crashing a lot, then the bsods have happened. I cant find much info online, what is this cpumetricsservice.exe and do you think its a cpu hardware issue?