Build time for new processor?

BlueMirror

Hi, I've recently purchased Skyfire II and I am very happy with the ease of use of the site and the price, but I attempted to buy fast track but I could not as the processor, OS and network facility are out of stock but I was happy with the 7 to 9 days it estimated anyway so I chose that. However now after purchasing it it says only 55% of people even get it within 14 days? I need the computer before the 16th as I will be moving then. Can I expect to arrive by then with these specs? And if not when will the parts be in stock so I could change my order to fast track then?

Update: It previously had the Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-3720QM (2.60GHz) 6MB however I received an email saying it had been upgradd to the 3740QM. While I appreciate the update, isn't this core not even out yet? And as such isn't this going to take more around 2 months than the 7-9 days I was told when purchasing? Or am I mistaken?
Chassis & Display
SkyFire:17.3" Glossy Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-3720QM (2.60GHz) 6MB
Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 675M - 2.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
240GB KINGSTON HYPERX 3K SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 555MB/sR | 510MB/sW)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
8x SATA DVD±R/RW/Dual Layer (+ 24x CD-RW)
Memory Card Reader
Integrated 4 in 1 Card Reader (SDXC/MMC/MS/XD)
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)
Sound Card
Intel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
Network Facilities
GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® ULTIMATE-N 6300 (450Mbps)
USB Options
2 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 3 x USB 2.0 PORTS AS STANDARD
Battery
SkyFire Series 9 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
Power Lead & Adaptor
1 x UK Power Lead & 180W AC Adaptor
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence
Office Software
FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)
Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL
Laptop Cooling Stands
Zalman ZM-NC3000S Ultimate Cooler, 220mm fan, upto 17.3inch (£35)
Keyboard & Mouse
INTEGRATED UK KEYBOARD WITH NUMBER PAD
Mouse
INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
Webcam
INTEGRATED 720P 30 FPS HD WEBCAM
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
PCS EXTRA-CARE DIAMOND DELIVERY - MON-FRI, PRE-NOON (£9)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 7 to 9 working days
Quantity

Thank you very much for any help.

BlueMirror

Problem to do with the processor solved by live support, this company has some of the best customer support I've seen. Apparently the 3740QM has been released and arrived. Still wondering if it is likely to be done within the 7-9 days or the 14 days however.

But now the OS and processor are in stock, only not in stock is the GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® ULTIMATE-N 6300 (450Mbps) which I imagine won't take long. Thank you to anyone who helped.

Last edited:

rickne

Master Poster
Called up and the call centre had no knowledge of this upgrade even after checking but he did confirm that there was indeed a big delivery of CPUs in today and pending orders were being worked through.

EDIT: Update PCS did infact confim the i7 3720QM is EOL on the facebook page. 3740qm to replace. :)

Last edited:

BlueMirror

All are in stock now, is it worth purchasing the fast track now? Or will the computer almost certainly be ready by the 16th? (16 days since I ordered)