Building My Own

Swanky777

Bronze Level Poster
Wasn't sure where to post this but ehh, move where appropriate. So anyway I have decided to build my own PC.
Just wondering if any of you guys have built your own, if so did it go well?
I haven't built one before but been browsing a lot of tuts (newegg have been pretty useful) and it doesn't
seem so bad. Well here are the parts I've chosen, I think they make sense :p (let me know if they don't lol).

Case: CiT Vantage Midi Mesh Gaming Case

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB

Ram: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB RAM

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V Intel Z77

CPU: i5 3.30GHz 3550

PSU: Novatech 550W PSU

Total comes to £582 inc VAT

Will be using other parts like HDD and drive from my old PC

Thanks!

Corfate

Author Level
I've built my own, in a few days I'll have swapped all the PC's parts out except the HDD and sound card :), also changed cases 3 times haha. It's very easy to do :) just take extra care when putting in the CPU, dont touch the pins or the top of the CPU, hold it by the sides :) just drop it in, don't push on it at all. Also, just take care when pushing in your GPU and ram, make sure it's lined up properly.

Also, get an anti static wrist band! Good luck :)

jonny123

Bright Spark
How long did it last?.Cause when i was ganna make mine the only thing stopping me is that everyone told me the parts have no warranty and they can break easy so you have tp pay loads to fix it all the time?.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Parts should be covered by warranty if you buy them new and from a trusted retailer. It took me like 4 hours to do mine.

Corfate

Author Level
Parts usually have a 1 year warranty period with the seller, then 3 years with the manufacturer :)