BullGuard security - thoughts?

PhilGP

Silver Level Poster
When i purchased my recent 2 PCS machines (one desktop, one laptop) I opted for the free 3 months of Bull Guard until I can transfer my F-Secure licenses over to from my old machines.
I have no plans to keep Bull Guard long term but I have so far found no negative effect from having it installed.

I see a lot of posts on here where the user has a problem and one suggestion (not always successful) is to remove Bull Guard.
Is it really that bad?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
REMOVE IT............... Just use windows defender, its built into the system, is free & way less hassle than bullguard

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
You don't need anything other than Defender - you absolutely don't need to be paying anyone for good Internet security.

PhilGP

Silver Level Poster
I agree that Defender is good. Much better today than it ever was.
Phishing and internet Banking? Defender is not perfect with these, even if you use Edge.
I'll stick with my F-Secure thanks. I also get parental control over all my kids accounts.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I agree that Defender is good. Much better today than it ever was.
Phishing and internet Banking? Defender is not perfect with these, even if you use Edge.
I'll stick with my F-Secure thanks. I also get parental control over all my kids accounts.
No antimalware tool can protect you against phishing attacks. Only good practice and vigilance can do that.

Tanbleeky

I really do not understand why Bullguard has got a bad rep of these forums. I have been using it since 2012 and have never had any issues. The game optimizer seems to be very good and the whole thing has very little impact on the performance of my comp. Whenever I try to ask people about their concerns, they throw out general comments like *It causes issues* and *It's bloatware*. They never given any detailed info on what problems Bullguard causes.

I will hopefully have my new PCS comp by Jan/Feb and I would appreciate anybody explaining why I should not keep Bullguard.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I really do not understand why Bullguard has got a bad rep of these forums. I have been using it since 2012 and have never had any issues. The game optimizer seems to be very good and the whole thing has very little impact on the performance of my comp. Whenever I try to ask people about their concerns, they throw out general comments like *It causes issues* and *It's bloatware*. They never given any detailed info on what problems Bullguard causes.

I will hopefully have my new PCS comp by Jan/Feb and I would appreciate anybody throwing out some clarity as to why I should not keep Bullguard.
Causes networking issues whereby it will block traffic entirely, or sometimes just throttle. We've had a lot of reports of extremely high CPU usage for hours on end as it scans, with no way of being able to reduce the scan agressiveness.

Those are the 2 main reasons I recommend people uninstall it.

But mainly it's because it performs a lot worse than Windows Defender which is free, so makes no sense using it in the first place.