Bullguard will now be Norton

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Windows Defender is already built into windows, and is free, the likes of Norton are almost as bad as the things they are supposed to be stopping

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Bullguard was renowned for hogging system resources, I had it cut my fps down to 4 fps at one point on zwift, I run windows defender on both the machines in my signature and have zero problems.

I've got Acronis installed for back up purposes and sometimes that tries to take over as anti virus, and blocked all sorts of web pages, which are perfectly safe.

JimmieeB

Bronze Level Poster
Bullguard was renowned for hogging system resources, I had it cut my fps down to 4 fps at one point on zwift, I run windows defender on both the machines in my signature and have zero problems.

I've got Acronis installed for back up purposes and sometimes that tries to take over as anti virus, and blocked all sorts of web pages, which are perfectly safe.
is it really not worth having bullguard then? I have it installed on my pc, I think it was on offer when I had pc spec build it.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
is it really not worth having bullguard then? I have it installed on my pc, I think it was on offer when I had pc spec build it.
No one on here would recommend doing anything with Bullguard, other than uninstalling it and running windows defender instead

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It's on offer/free trial because they want you to buy it when your trial is up.

To use an addiction analogy, it's like a drug dealer offering your first hit for free. It feels great initially, but then you have to keep buying just to feel 'normal' ;)