Buying a New Monitor

Mega Cheesecake

Hey all,

I am looking to replace my BenQ XL2720Z monitor with something new. My budget is quite flexible & I am mainly interested in picture quality. I am currently playing The Witcher & Elder Scrolls Online & would like the colours/environments to look as good as possible.

I purchased the BenQ because of the high refresh rate & rapid response time but feel it was a bit of a mistake because it is rare that either really make a difference to my experience. One of the bigger problems is the low level of detail in the blacks which detracts from the overall quality & at times can make low light games a pain.

Monitors I have been looking at are:

Asus PB278Q, Dell U2715H, IIYAMA ProLite XB2776QS-B1, Samsung LS27D850T, AOC Q2770PQU.

They are all 27", 2560x1440.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheese

Edit

If it helps, GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 680.

Last edited:

Mega Cheesecake

I have narrowed it down to either the Dell U2715H or the AOC Q2770PQU. Both look like very good monitors.
I am slightly leaning towards the Dell at the moment unless someone has a good reason to choose the AOC.

One other question, how does the Dell U2713H differ? Seems a fair chunk more expensive but I'm not sure why.