Buzzing Sound?

JoeFulford

Hello everyone! This deal I'm about to ask about isn't hugely bad! But it's kinda annoying.

When I'm playing games on my computer, I get a slight buzzing noise. I know that it isn't my speakers because I've also tried listening to the audio through my earphones and still, the buzzing.

I make gaming videos for youtube, and when I record the game I play, you can hear the buzzing sound, so i was wondering what it is?

Any ideas?

Thanks! :)

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
So if im understanding everything, it's not a component making the buzzing sound that coming out of your pc itself. It's soming out through whatever you use to listen to the audo, speakers and headphones etc?

Are you using the same jack to connect your speakers as you do your headphones? If you are then most computers have a set of jacks on both the front and the back, try swapping it over.

Are you on a dedicated soundcard or onboard sound?
Could it be some sort of feedback, do you have a mic connected or anything?
The old favourite of reinstalling drivers may help.

It might be the soundcard/onboard sound playing up, not really an expert someone better might be along to help you in a bit. Those questions might help someone answer for you though.

JoeFulford

Okay thanks a lot for your help! I currently plug my earphones into the jacks at the front of my PC, because obviously thats the most practical. I'm not using a dedicated sound board but if it can't be fixed. Then I guess theres nothing to wrong about it. But how can i reinstall the drivers for the onboard sound?

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
Have you tried the jacks at the back of the PC? If so do you get the same buzzing? Could be a loose connection somewhere

Are you still under warranty? If so you can send it back to PCS and get it fixed, no reason why it can't be fixed.

Best bet would be to call up the helpline, see what they can do. If they cant fix it over the phone and your still under warranty they will get you to send it in/send you out a part to fit yourself if your up for it.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
have you worked out if its anything to do with the speakers at all, may be a fan slightly caught on something making a constant buzzing noise and it would sound the same constantly because the fan is going so fast,or it may be a HDD