camera stops filming after 40 seconds

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
bought a camera

does 720pHD video

finally in the mood to film some drum videos for youtube and once again some preset setting or my memory card takes a dump on me,

after ''filming'' the whole of chop suey on drums I go back to the camera to see it's turned off.

I thought it was the batteries but then remember the camera turns off automatically if it isn't being used, which meant it wasn't filming.

what use to ANYONE is a camera which only films for 40 seconds? I'm sure it's no the camera as there is no setting ANYWHERE to determine length, the setting which determines length is HD or SD, but it says next to HD 9m 40s

i've read on the web that it could be the memory card not being fast enough to handle data stream blah blah blah, if it isn't fast enough then how can it record in the first place?

there is plenty of room on the card, formatting won't help.

any help? so annoyed after a week of work i just want to be creative but of course, stuff holding me down, such is life.

Last edited:

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
card just says kingston SDHC 8gb

camera is fujifilm s2950

my old camera samsung ES15 filmed in SD and would let me film until the batteries ran out

SO I'm assuming my SDHC card isn't fast enough to cope with HD data stream

somebody just tell me what card I have to buy,

EDIT: is this right??

''If the card you use has a low write speed the cam will stop when the buffer is full and allow the buffer to be written to the slow card. ''

EDIT: this card?? http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Sec...LUYU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1323534117&sr=8-3

another question, I see that this isn't the best card, it's only sandisk extreme, what about extreme pro? I won't need 30mb speed right? cos i'm only filming 720p, will the sandisk extreme card which i've linked to above be efficient? will I gain any performance boost using a 30mb card instead of a 20mb card? isn't full HD 28mb/s?

last EDIT: sorted it myself, going to buy this memory card http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002P4VBVG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A11NU480HX9A8D

can delete this thread now, no need for it.

Last edited: