Can anyone give a comparison on the sound quality between the laptops?

HiHelloHi

Hi guys, im looking to buy a new laptop but im struggling on choosing which unit due to my lack of knowledge and understanding of the sound setup.

I cant see any details on the installed speakers, does that mean that all the laptops will come with the same speakers, and that the sound quality is only affected by the soundcard that is installed?

The units im looking at list the soundcard option as either "intel/realtek 2 channel high definition audio " or "Soundblaster Cinema". Could anyone briefly describe the differences between these? Or maybe even comment on the sound quality?

Thanks

Thank you

Jason

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
None of the laptops will have very good speakers. The best are the octane and the vortex.

The soundcard really dictates the quality of the sound for external setups or headphones.

I wouldn’t base a chassis purchase on speaker quality.

What are your uses? What’s your maximum budget?

HiHelloHi

None of the laptops will have very good speakers. The best are the octane and the vortex.

The soundcard really dictates the quality of the sound for external setups or headphones.

I wouldn’t base a chassis purchase on speaker quality.

What are your uses? What’s your maximum budget?
Hi, thanks for the reply.

The laptop will mainly be used for playing music and watching videos. The main requirement is storage really, im curently looking at-

ultraNoteIV-14
1st storage- 4tb Samsung 860 QVO SSD
1st M.2 SSD drive- 2tb Samsung 970 EVO
Realtek 2 channel high definition audio

15.6 Ultranote V
2nd storage- 4tb Samsung 860 QVO SSD
1st M.2 SSD drive- 250gb Samsung 970 EVO
Intel 2 channel high definition audio

14" Lafite III
1st M.2 SSD drive- 2tb Samsung 970 EVO
Intel 2 channel high definition audio

The 14 and 15.6 Fusion III were considered too, however both can only hold 2x 2tb SSD alongside the Soundblaster Cinema soundcard. So if the soundcard will only affect sound quality on external speakers, I guess i can strike them off the list.

Budgetwise- these options come to around the 15-1700 mark.....I could proably go to 2000 at the very most.

HiHelloHi

An extremely large collection of video files, currently spread over my current 2tb laptop, and 2 external hardrives. I want them all in one place, which would also make it easier as I travel alot. Hence why im considering the 2 14" units.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So there's no real benefit to having SSD's as your secondary storage drives, 7200rpm HDD's would make more sense and cost an awful lot less.

If it were me, I'd go with the lafitte, better screen overall and better chassis.

Any laptop from PCS is not designed to use the onboard sound for usage, you would be expected to add an external speaker setup or headphones.

HiHelloHi

The first point is true, however the problem is that, with the lafitte models for example- the 4tb samsung SSD is the only 4tb drive available. I could put in the seagate 5400 HDD which would be £400 cheaper- but that would only be 2tb.

The lafitte is the one I was leaning to,so thank you.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
No, you're right actually, it appears that anything over about 1Tb on a 2.5" HDD ends up being quite a large thickness (roughly 15mm) which wouldn't fit in the chassis (roughly 9mm), so those SSD's would indeed be the best option.

That's such a shame.

If you're willing to shell out the difference for the SSD's then that's going to be the best option. The increased speeds will help with transfer speeds copying the data across to the laptop which wouldn't hurt.