Can I place different program files on separate drives

BigC

:stupid:
I know this seems like a stupid question but I just wanted to make sure

Okay so basically I am planning to buy a new ssd (64gb) which I am going to install windows to for faster boot up speeds, primarily.

However I also want to move some of my program files to the drive as well (Steam, Photoshop, Illustrator and Nvidia files)

I wanted to know if all the program files must be on the same drive or if it is ok for them to be split between the two drives and if they will all still show up in start menu

Thanks Very Much

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I have the OS, some games, antivirus and main drivers in my SSD. I have steam and other programmes I occassionally use in my caviar black (photoshop, office). I keep the nvidia drivers in the SSD.

Rakk

The Awesome
Remember that its not quite as simple as just copying and pasting, you will have to reinstall all* the programs if you are changing your boot drive, but for each one you will be able to pick which drive they go on (with a few exceptions that don't give you an option)

*note: there may be a couple of programs that will not need a reinstall, but they will be few and far between.