Can I send in my own PSU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
'Lethal'? I presume PCS techs aren't handling components, including PSUs, with wet hands whilst wearing a suit of armour 🙃
Probably not, but they do have to spend a fair amount of time making physical contact with highly conductive metal cases....

Gavras

Master Poster
'Lethal'? I presume PCS techs aren't handling components, including PSUs, with wet hands whilst wearing a suit of armour 🙃
Okay, I appreciate not everyone is intelligent.

The Power supply is connected to the mains, with me so far, this means there is ALWAYS a potential that a power supply may have a fault resulting in mains voltage shorting to say case etc.

Additionally a faulty power supply can fail to convert, fail to transform voltage etc.

If you knew about electricity and spent a bit more time listening at school you would realise that, no you don’t need wet hands or suits of armour.

Simple one to do, do it during day, a second person is required.

with dry fingers, take light bulb out of socket, now put your dry fingers in to the socket, then have the other person turn the light switch on..... oh wow you don’t need wet fingers, amazing thing eh.

(nope really don’t try this at home, work or any where else).

RaffScallion

The Power supply is connected to the mains, with me so far, this means there is ALWAYS a potential that a power supply may have a fault resulting in mains voltage shorting to say case etc.

Additionally a faulty power supply can fail to convert, fail to transform voltage etc.

If you knew about electricity and spent a bit more time listening at school you would realise that, no you don’t need wet hands or suits of armour.

with dry fingers, take light bulb out of socket, now put your dry fingers in to the socket, then have the other person turn the light switch on..... oh wow you don’t need wet fingers, amazing thing eh.

Okay, I appreciate not everyone can take a joke / takes things way too seriously, in addition to not having the capacity for nuanced and non-scaremongering conversation.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Okay, I appreciate not everyone can take a joke / takes things way too seriously, in addition to not having the capacity for nuanced and non-scaremongering conversation.
Electrocution: a joke that the whole family can enjoy...

02D641AC-82A6-4B37-8FB8-3E67EB42D606.gif

Gavras

Master Poster
A Corsair Platinum PSU is going to explode and take out every PCS tech in a 2-mile radius!

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/jquDWJfPUMCiI" width="480" height="428" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="
">via GIPHY</a></p>
oh yeah funny.

However, having witnessed others, suffer burns, lose fingers, someone blinded from working on electronics, yeah it’s a chortle a minute.

No obviously not quite as bad as that, potentially just one person injured needlessly from your obvious lack of understanding about what lethal voltages are.

There really should be a thread ’Peter & Jane explain Physics for Speshul People’

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

That's shocking........ :ROFLMAO:

I trust no pixies were harmed............

Status
Not open for further replies.