Can someone help with my BSOD again!!!

jwc

Bronze Level Poster
I keep getting this BSOD non page fault one, trouble is I've lost my windows 7 disc and product key in a house move. I got in touch with PCS and they gave me a download to burn the OS image onto then run the repair from that but all it does now is keep telling me windows failed to shut down properly then the usual options. It won't even let me restart in safe mode. I'm now at a loss as what to do.

Any help greatly appreciated.

jwc

Bronze Level Poster
Can you get into windows? When you say you can't get into safe mode, how come?

No can't get to windows. The BSOD comes up just as the log in screen appears.

When I select safe mode the same thing happens when the login screen appears.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
No can't get to windows. The BSOD comes up just as the log in screen appears.

When I select safe mode the same thing happens when the login screen appears.

So firstly, you'll need to get Windows to boot again, so run another repair with the disk.

Goto c:/windows and upload the memory.dmp file here, that'll say what caused the most recent bsod.

Then, in windows open a cmd prompt in elevated administration mode and enter "sfc /scannow". That should fix any issues preventing windows from shutting down if the repair hasn't solved it.

Let's start with that.

jwc

Bronze Level Poster
So firstly, you'll need to get Windows to boot again, so run another repair with the disk.

Goto c:/windows and upload the memory.dmp file here, that'll say what caused the most recent bsod.

Then, in windows open a cmd prompt in elevated administration mode and enter "sfc /scannow". That should fix any issues preventing windows from shutting down if the repair hasn't solved it.

Let's start with that.

The computer is not letting me get anywhere near windows, it tries to boot up but fails every time then restarts. Won't even do it in safe mode and although it says press any key to boot form cd/dvd it's doesn't do it. Just tries to load windows the up comes the BSOD. PCS think I should just do a clean install f windows but like I told them the disc which has the product key on it was lost in a house move.... So now I'm stuck. In all fairness I'm pretty ******* off that a pc that cost so much and is so underused is having the problems I get with it. I've had faulty ram a faulty hard drive and now this on something that's 16 months old.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I got in touch with PCS and they gave me a download to burn the OS image onto then run the repair from.

You said that in your first quote, isn't that the windows 7 image? Your key should be on the bottom of the laptop/pc