Cannot add RGB fans due to case fan limit

mdtahmid

Hi,

I am trying to amend my order to add the 3x CORSAIR LL120 RGB FAN KIT.

However, I am getting an error message saying:
"The computer case you have selected can support up to 4 additional fan(s) and the processor cooler that you have selected will use 2 fan slots. Therefore the case can only support a further 2 additional fan(s). You have currently selected 3 additional case fan(s). Please reduce the quantity you have selected."

• I have selected the Corsair 4000D case which has room for 6 fans total (3 at the front, 2 at the top, 1 at the rear).
  • The case comes with 2 built in stock fans (1 at the front and 1 at the rear)
  • I have selected the H100x cooler which has 2 fans to be mounted at the top as exhaust (I've added this as a task on the order).
  • I want the 3x LL120 RGB fans to be mounted at the front which means the builder will need to remove 1 stock fan that comes with the case (at the front).

How can I add the LL120 RGB FAN KIT to the order? Is this even possible?

Thank you.

Last edited:
I don't believe you can. Might be worth dropping PCS an email asking if there is a work around. Or purchase them separately and install them yourself once you get the PC :)

I have a Corsair 680x on order and to my surprise, the rear exit fan is not RGB. I spoke to PCS and asked if I could buy a single RGB LL140 RGB fan and have them swap out the stock fan. The answer was a resounding "no". PCS do not alter cases, even when it's a very simple task. It's one of the first things I'll do when my order arrives.

Come on PCS, you can do better :unsure:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I have a Corsair 680x on order and to my surprise, the rear exit fan is not RGB. I spoke to PCS and asked if I could buy a single RGB LL140 RGB fan and have them swap out the stock fan. The answer was a resounding "no". PCS do not alter cases, even when it's a very simple task. It's one of the first things I'll do when my order arrives.

It might be a stipulation from the case manufacturers that PCS don't alter them pre sale

I think with the LL140 fans they only stock the pack of 3 so they can't open a pack for just one fan. I just brought one off amazon for my build and installed it myself after.

mdtahmid

That's sad to hear. But even in my situation where I want to purchase all 3 fans (the entire kit), it just doesn't seem possible due to the amount of fans being more than the case can take with the preinstalled stock fans.

If worst comes to worst, why not just install 2 fans and send me the spare unused fan in the welcome pack box? 😔

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That's sad to hear. But even in my situation where I want to purchase all 3 fans (the entire kit), it just doesn't seem possible due to the amount of fans being more than the case can take with the preinstalled stock fans.

If worst comes to worst, why not just install 2 fans and send me the spare unused fan in the welcome pack box? 😔
Call up and ask, or use the web chat.

I wanted this exact same combo, 4000D case, h100 cooler wanted to add the 3x LL120, I managed to get through to someone on the web chat who told me to place the order without the fans, then drop him an email and he'd add it to the order.
So thats what I did, and a day or so after emailing the person there was a new order on my account for the extra fans which I just had to click on and pay for.

Snooze

I asked for the exact same and was told it’s impossible. Their system doesn’t allow for it.
It’s quite crazy how inflexible they are.

Edit: the poster above though seems to have had better luck, so it’s still worth a try

I think with the LL140 fans they only stock the pack of 3 so they can't open a pack for just one fan. I just brought one off amazon for my build and installed it myself after.
As a major customer of Corsair, I am sure PCS can be sold a box of single components if they don't have a useful spares bin. A response of "we'll see if we have one when we build your rig, if we can then we will" would have been far better.

mdtahmid

Update: After taking you guys' advice, I contacted PCS via webchat and the customer service rep was able to add the 3x LL120 Fan Kit to my account but as a "Sales Order". He did mention that he put a task on the order to swap out the stock front fan with the 3x LL120's but if this can't be done (for whatever reason), I guess the LL120 Kit will come in the box when the PC is delivered - for me to install myself. Regardless, still a good deal to get that kit at £55.

Snooze

I’ve tried again today, the lad didn’t know what I was talking about so he asked me to send him an email so he can show his supervisor

we’ll see how it goes

Snooze

Point them at this thread if need be and say that others have had it added so why can't you
The lad I spoke to forwarded my message to his supervisor who has added it to the order as a “side order” or something along those lines.

I didn’t receive an email about it or any confirmation, but it was on my PC build page ready to be paid for so I’ll assume it was all a success.

Thanks fellas !

SodaO

The lad I spoke to forwarded my message to his supervisor who has added it to the order as a “side order” or something along those lines.

I didn’t receive an email about it or any confirmation, but it was on my PC build page ready to be paid for so I’ll assume it was all a success.

Thanks fellas !
It was over 2 years ago but when I ordered by Fractal Meshify C (which comes with 2 fans) I added the 3xLL120 fans to the order and the PCS team moved the preinstalled fans from front and back to top and installed the RGB fans at the front and rear. I never had to ask them to do this, they just did what made sense.