Cannot escape Grey Fog / BIOS settings screen on Bootup

DunmoDoh

Whenever i startup my pc it shows up with a grey fog screen if theres nothing plugged into the USBs or the UFIO BIOs screen if i have a USB plugged in. Pressing F2 or DEL does nothing, I've tried removing and re-adding the battery and the boot drive but it made no difference, the pc is not damaged to my knowledge. Beforre the problem started i remember having alot of applications open before i shut down my pc that i didn't close. I have no idea what to do here

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
Hello there Dunmodoh, I can see you've been dealing with one of our support agents who I have been advising.

We think the issue is with one of the SSDs, the screen it is sticking on is the POST screen, if it sticks here it is normally an issue with one of the storage drives. I've been led to believe you've disconnected your SATA drive, how would you feel about removing the M.2 drive to see if it goes past this screen with it removed? I can advise you on how to do this.

DunmoDoh

I tried starting up the PC with the M.2 Removed and it made no difference. As a mention i discovered that if i leave the PC off for around 6 hours then it will load up properly but after i shut it down the problem started again.

DunmoDoh

I tried starting up the PC with the M.2 Removed and it made no difference. As a mention i discovered that if i leave the PC off for around 6 hours then it will load up properly but after i shut it down the problem started again.
Update, keeping the m.2 out did make a difference. The pc is now on the BIOS screen but i don't know what to do

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Update, keeping the m.2 out did make a difference. The pc is now on the BIOS screen but i don't know what to do
We've asked several times for your full spec from the PCS order. Until we know exactly what build we're looking at it's hard to make any sensible suggestions.

Please help us to help you.

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
Hey guys I think we may have this one sussed thanks to Dunmodoh doing some testing for us :)

By removing the SSD, it now gets past the 'stall' but now gets stuck as the OS drive has been removed. We'll want to get that SSD swapped via either RC replacement (just the SSD) or RMA and then get Windows reinstalled to it.

Do you want to DM me Dunmodoh or you can proceed through the support agents on the PCS website, please DM me if you want to process it with me.

Dunmodoh would you be happy with me posting your system specs just so the guys can see your setup? I will only do this with your permission.