Cant activate new PCS PC where is the product key?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Okay okay I hear you all Im not about to bust anyones chops because I know youre trying to help..
and I think you know by now I have manners
this problem I will address by some other route
but plzz dont close the thread just yet ..
Once you have the warranty transferred then we can help, but until then we can't offer any support.

Saides

I completely understand (& from the get go) that this is a forum not a customer service thing

That aside... I am still in the dark about how activation is meant to happen these days particularlly when I have no tangible
number like on the sleeve of a Microsoft DVD as was the case several years ago when I got this pc activated
any info/advice on that is what I seek here

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I completely understand (& from the get go) that this is a forum not a customer service thing

That aside... I am still in the dark about how activation is meant to happen these days particularlly when I have no tangible
number like on the sleeve of a Microsoft DVD as was the case several years ago when I got this pc activated
You've been told numerous times in this precise thread.

Activation codes on products don't exist on PCs since Windows 10.

Last edited:

Bhuna50

Author Level
My brother bought it for me presented it to me today

as was the case several years ago when I got this pc activated

and here proves this person was just on here trolling PCS.

For anyone reading this thread, it is completely fake and one moment the person had their brother buying them the PC and now he says he activated this PC years ago.

They were just trolling for a free code or just to try to show PCS up.

If you are the owner of the PC / Laptop from PCS then you will have access to software support (if you have purchased Windows).

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Since Windows 8 (I think) when you buy a PC with Windows pre-installed (and paid for) the vendor stores a unique code in the BIOS on the motherboard. When you first activate this new PC the Microsoft activation servers check that this BIOS code is valid and, if so, they activate that copy of Windows. The activation servers also store the 'hardware ID' of the PC, which is made up of a CPU identity and a motherboard identity.

After this initial activation, whenever you reinstall Windows on this PC, the hardware ID is sent to the Microsoft activation serves, they will confirm that this platform has a valid license and automatically activate Windows. No key, sticker, or any other external code is required.