Cant connect on ethernet after unplugging cable yesterday????????

DebHar

It's getting further than I thought in that case.

Do you have another PC or laptop that has an internet connection, and a spare USB stick (with 8GB or more in storage space)? If so, you can create a USB Windows 10 installation media, from which you can boot your problematic PC, and let the USB Windows 10 installation attempt to repair the Windows installation.

The URL to download the Windows installation media is here:

On that webpage, click on the "Download tool now" link. It will download a small application, which you then run to create the Windows 10 installation media.

Bear in mind that you the USB stick that you use for the Windows 10 installation media will be formatted, so make sure it doesn't have any data on it that you wish to retain.
Hi, no i dont have a data stick. Will have to get one

RogWal

Silver Level Poster
An alternative is to boot up your PC, and after it fails to load Windows, reboot again. After a number of reboots, it should present a boot menu on which there is an option to attempt a repair of the Windows installation. I can't recall how many times it needs to go through the reboot process before it presents this menu though.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
If the repair doesn't work then try a clean install following these instruction that were courtesy of @ubuysa

Download a new copy of Windows using the Media Creation Tool to an 8GB (min) USB.
Boot that USB and choose a Custom Install.
Delete all UEFI partitions on the system drive (EFI System, Recovery, MSR Reserved, Primary).
Select the unallocated space that results and click the Next button. The installer will create the correct partitions and install Windows.
Run Windows Update repeatedly, even across reboots, until no more updates are found.
You may need/want to download and install the latest graphics driver from the Nvidia website (they change so regularly the latest version isn't always in the Windows libraries).

DebHar

If the repair doesn't work then try a clean install following these instruction that were courtesy of @ubuysa

Download a new copy of Windows using the Media Creation Tool to an 8GB (min) USB.
Boot that USB and choose a Custom Install.
Delete all UEFI partitions on the system drive (EFI System, Recovery, MSR Reserved, Primary).
Select the unallocated space that results and click the Next button. The installer will create the correct partitions and install Windows.
Run Windows Update repeatedly, even across reboots, until no more updates are found.
You may need/want to download and install the latest graphics driver from the Nvidia website (they change so regularly the latest version isn't always in the Windows libraries).
Thanks peeps for all your helpful responses. I’m not really confident enough to start deleting things and reimstalling i fear so will try and seek some paid help if needs be if i cant get sorted via PCS

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Thanks peeps for all your helpful responses. I’m not really confident enough to start deleting things and reimstalling i fear so will try and seek some paid help if needs be if i cant get sorted via PCS
Don't forget unauthorised intervention can void your warranty, clean reinstall isn't that difficult, its pretty much wizard driven