Can't find Automatic Dim in Win10

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
I'm having problems finding the automatic dim option in Device Manager.

I'm fed up of the screen dimming all the time and it's only done it since it was updated

(Windows 10 Version 1903)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm having problems finding the automatic dim option in Device Manager.

I'm fed up of the screen dimming all the time and it's only done it since it was updated

(Windows 10 Version 1903)
Ooo, interesting, I haven't come across that on my devices yet, but interesting it was automatically applied on yours.

Follow this article, should help:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have no option for that
In that case perhaps it's the night correction that happening...

Right click on the desktop and select "display settings"

Make sure "Night Light" is disabled.

I can't think of any other settings that would adjust brightness.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Try this also:

Disabling Windows 10 Game bar:

1) Go into Windows Settings

2) From Settings, select "Gaming"

3) Select Game bar from the left hand column. Check that "Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar" is off. Uncheck "Show Game bar when I play full screen games Microsoft has verified.

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
1. Screen brightness in bottom right isn't there
2. Going to the Power Options and finding 'enable adabtive brightness' doesn't exist
3. No option in NVIDIA Control Panel
4. Going to Updates & Security and running the troubleshooter doesn't do anything and just resets the sleep options (which I've changed back)
5. Finding the thread in the Registry, doesn't exist (https://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-10-adaptive-brightness-not-working)
6. I keep my GPU up to date
7. Updated my monitor driver, and still does the dimming

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
1. Screen brightness in bottom right isn't there
2. Going to the Power Options and finding 'enable adabtive brightness' doesn't exist
3. No option in NVIDIA Control Panel
4. Going to Updates & Security and running the troubleshooter doesn't do anything and just resets the sleep options (which I've changed back)
5. Finding the thread in the Registry, doesn't exist (https://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-10-adaptive-brightness-not-working)
6. I keep my GPU up to date
7. Updated my monitor driver, and still does the dimming
Most of those options are only available on laptops or portables which is why you’re not seeing them.

Check the OSD settings of the monitor, I don’t think it’s windows that’s changing the brightness.