Can't get COH to run

PokerFace

Banned
Hi,

I bought Company of Heroes and COH Opposing Fronts on Steam a while ago. I've D/L'd them and when I went to play the game I had to open an account with Relic. Now when I try to log-in, it says my details are not valid. I know the details are correct, because I always write them down.

When I hover over the "Forgot Password" button (which is greyed out anyway), a box appears just to the right of my mouse cursor saying "proceed to password recovery screen". I can't click on this message, as it moved when I move my mouse! Maybe this is all that the COH game is....chase the box around the screen, but somehow I doubt that!! :)

Does the fact that (I believe) Sega took over Relic have something to do with me being unable to log-in?

I only want to play single player anyway, so any ideas?

Thanks.

ThomasM

Hi,

I bought Company of Heroes and COH Opposing Fronts on Steam a while ago. I've D/L'd them and when I went to play the game I had to open an account with Relic. Now when I try to log-in, it says my details are not valid. I know the details are correct, because I always write them down.

When I hover over the "Forgot Password" button (which is greyed out anyway), a box appears just to the right of my mouse cursor saying "proceed to password recovery screen". I can't click on this message, as it moved when I move my mouse! Maybe this is all that the COH game is....chase the box around the screen, but somehow I doubt that!! :)

Does the fact that (I believe) Sega took over Relic have something to do with me being unable to log-in?

I only want to play single player anyway, so any ideas?

Thanks.

Only reasonable thing i coud see to try is, going onto the Relic/Sega website and changing your password from there. This happened to me with another game in the past few weeks and that seemed to work for me, hope it helps!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
i think for the sega version you need to download the "new steam version" which should be listed in your steam library. And may not need the relic login anymore.

That reminds me, i think i had a similar problem with my coh relic account years ago.

PokerFace

Banned
Only reasonable thing i coud see to try is, going onto the Relic/Sega website and changing your password from there. This happened to me with another game in the past few weeks and that seemed to work for me, hope it helps!

I will look into that, thanks.

i think for the sega version you need to download the "new steam version" which should be listed in your steam library. And may not need the relic login anymore.

That reminds me, i think i had a similar problem with my coh relic account years ago.

I noticed the "COH (new Steam Version)" in my Steam library a few weeks ago and downloaded it. The game still wouldn't run, yet strangely enough, when I tried it late yesterday it worked. The only problem is, in the library there is not a "New Steam Version" for COH: Opposing Fronts or COH: Tales of Valor, so I've no idea how I could play them.

Thanks for the info anyway Tom.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I noticed the "COH (new Steam Version)" in my Steam library a few weeks ago and downloaded it. The game still wouldn't run, yet strangely enough, when I tried it late yesterday it worked. The only problem is, in the library there is not a "New Steam Version" for COH: Opposing Fronts or COH: Tales of Valor, so I've no idea how I could play them.

Thanks for the info anyway Tom.

those two expansion packs, should be playable through the main game. If you check your campaigns, you should see them all listed.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Well I can play quite a lot of campaigns (more than enough). So thanks again.

you should have, the main yank campaign, a british one, a us para trooper one, a german tiger tank mission and the german oosterbek one.

ps thanks for the help. Its a mint game!