Can't initialise harddrive

ThatGuy11200

I've received my PC from PCS and can't initialise the second harddrive. The PCS Welcome Book says I have to just activate it through Disk Management, but it isn't there. I've seen the harddrive, so I know it's actually in the computer and the power and SATA cables are connected, althoughI can't see where they end up through the mass of cables.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've received my PC from PCS and can't initialise the second harddrive. The PCS Welcome Book says I have to just activate it through Disk Management, but it isn't there. I've seen the harddrive, so I know it's actually in the computer and the power and SATA cables are connected, althoughI can't see where they end up through the mass of cables.
Can you post a screenshot of your disk management?

ThatGuy11200

I have a 2TB NVMe. The HDD is a 4TB Barracuda.
DM.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have a 2TB NVMe. The HDD is a 4TB Barracuda.
View attachment 20188
So the power cable for the HDD runs off the power supply.

The SATA data cable runs off the motherboard.

Just check they're both connected properly, it's worth detaching them and reinserting them to be sure.

This is what the motherboard SATA ports look like, there will be a bank of them like this:

main-qimg-303904be0469df876e6f9d79d42abd50.jpg

And there should be both Data and power cables running from the drive:

sata-connector.jpg

ThatGuy11200

I took a (blurry) photo. The power cable (lower left) was pinched under a metal plate. I'd removed an RTX 3080 from my original order and PCS had only put one power cable through for the GPU, so I had to slide the PSU out to attach a second cable for the GPU that I bought separately. That's when the HDD cable would have detached. It's showing up now. Thanks.

Power.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I took a (blurry) photo. The power cable (lower left) was pinched under a metal plate. I'd removed an RTX 3080 from my original order and PCS had only put one power cable through for the GPU, so I had to slide the PSU out to attach a second cable for the GPU that I bought separately. That's when the HDD cable would have detached. It's showing up now. Thanks.

View attachment 20191
Excellent!