Case Change Advice

Received an email saying they wont have my desired case until the end of April (FRACTAL MESHIFY S2) so they are asking if I would like to change to speed up my order.

Took me a long time to decide on the case the first time. I quite like the look of the Coolmaster H500M however I am not sure how those giant front fans will work with the Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler. Also it is a bit of an upwards price jump from the Meshify.

Would appreciate some opinions. I am more concerned about cooling than looks but I do like the big tempered glass sides that seem to be on a lot of the models.

Spec is below.

CaseCORSAIR CRYSTAL SERIES 570X RGB GAMING CASE
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: FRACTAL MESHIFY S2 BLACKOUT TEMPERED GLASS
Overclocked CPUOverclocked AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core (3.7GHz @ up to 4.7GHz)
MotherboardASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready!
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: ASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics CardNONE, I ALREADY HAVE A GRAPHICS CARD
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: 10GB ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive1TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 4400MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingNoctua NH-U14S Ultra Quiet Performance CPU Cooler
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: Corsair H115i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Extra Case Fans2x 120mm Black Case Fan (configured to extract from rear/roof)
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: NONE
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
Wireless Network CardWIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

gohan2091

Bronze Level Poster
How many days have you been on pre-production? You've selected a 3080 video card which usually means a long wait. Some people have been waiting over 100 working days and still haven't had their PC enter the build stage. It's likely that case would be back in stock before you are allocated the video card.

Yea had a long ride, 84 working days now. The email I got from them said: We are currently processing your order (number ******** ) but unfortunately we are awaiting stock on the following items: FRACTAL MESHIFY S2 BLACKOUT TEMPERED GLASS.

So that makes me think they are looking at mine soon. I am wondering if it is currently stopping me going into build?

D

Deleted member 17413

Its possible. Have you looked at buying a case in and having it delivered to them instead?
Will improve your choices a little, and some cases that were regulars for PCS are still available elsewhere.

Overclockers/Amazon for example. Possible you can even find the case you picked.

gohan2091

Bronze Level Poster
Its possible. Have you looked at buying a case in and having it delivered to them instead?
Will improve your choices a little, and some cases that were regulars for PCS are still available elsewhere.

Overclockers/Amazon for example. Possible you can even find the case you picked.
This is what I did. I bought a Phanteks p600s from Overclockers and got them to send it to PCS. I did this when I first placed my order in early February. It's something worth considering, then you can get the case you want.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
4000D
LanCool II
TD500 Mesh
H500 RGB
5000D Airflow
465X
5000X RGB

I would have no concerns about any of the above for any sort of system. The only limitation may be the H115i as it has the 280mm Radiator. Stick with the H115i and see which of the above fits & takes your fancy :)

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
4000D
LanCool II
TD500 Mesh
H500 RGB
5000D Airflow
465X
5000X RGB

I would have no concerns about any of the above for any sort of system. The only limitation may be the H115i as it has the 280mm Radiator. Stick with the H115i and see which of the above fits & takes your fancy :)
Good shout from @Scott, all fine case choices. I’d also consider spending an extra £4 and upping your PSU to the 850w RMx version, your current system could potentially be using around 700w under load and 750w isn’t going to leave you with an awful lot of headroom 👍