Case Fans

bonalste

Bronze Level Poster
Hi, just wondering what case fans PCS supply as their 'additional case fans'. I know they're corsair, but what type? I'm looking at adding an extra fan or two, and am wondering what PCS use to determine where in the case they would be best suited.

Looking at them, they look like high static pressure fans. If that's the case, I should purchase two high airflow fan for below the GPUs (intake) and above the blueray (extract), and move the high static pressure fan to below the hard drive bay. This on a Corsair Obsidian 750D.

Thoughts much appreciated! Thanks. :sailor:

Edit: also, there aren't enough 4 pin headers to connect all the fans to the motherboard, so one of the three will need to be connected via molex to the PSU and so lose the mobo speed control. I'd appreciate advice on which would be best for this, the options being a fan I taking from the bottom straight up to the lower GPU, a fan intaking up into the hard drive bay, the bay having excellent venting to the side which goes towards the GPUs, or a fan extracting above the blueray drive bay, although I intend to lower the drive to the lowest of the 3 bays to assist in cooling. Thanks once again for your input!

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I don't think they are corsair fans. I always though it was just a standard chassis fan. I may be wrong so you may want to get an official response from PCS. As a personal preference I prefer not to add more chassos fans since it adds more noise and the difference in cooling is not notixeable at least in my case. Will ask Tom to have a look at your post since he is more knowleable on this stuff.

bonalste

Bronze Level Poster
I don't think they are corsair fans. I always though it was just a standard chassis fan. I may be wrong so you may want to get an official response from PCS. As a personal preference I prefer not to add more chassos fans since it adds more noise and the difference in cooling is not notixeable at least in my case. Will ask Tom to have a look at your post since he is more knowleable on this stuff.

The ones they sent out to me were corsair. They look identical to the stock cooling fans that are on my H100i. Are these not normally the ones sent out then? Maybe that was their form of compensation for not fitting them before sending my order out. If so, I'm happy with that.

Edit:

Never mind, I think I've made a few discoveries. Firstly, I have found out that the fans they sent to me are the same fans used on the H60i watercooler. From what I have seen, this means that they are swaying more towards static pressure rather than airflow.

Additionally, I have found out through trial and error that the fan cannot be mounted on the top over the blueray drive bay as the H100i gets in the way. Also, in order to fit a fan to the bottom of the case, you need to entirely remove the HDD bay. There are two of these on the 750D, and I removed one on Monday, installing a fan and dust filter. However, with a Hard drive in the other bay, that means I am unable to fit a second fan underneath that.

Please, if anybody knows differently please let me know, but I cannot see a way to make it work. As such, I think I understand where the problems arose in fitting the fans on my order. Could still have fit one fan, though, but now I not only installed my own fan, I have increased my knowledge a little, so all for the good really.

Thanks for your input Keynes, no need to bother Tom.

Last edited: