CD Drive not working

Unweakened

Bronze Level Poster
Received pc about 2 hours ago turnt it on and installed the PowerDVD Blu ray software and since i have done that i cant press the button to open the drive and the pc wont recognise that there is a drive either, the green light is also constantly on (solid light aswell no flickering)

Gorman

Author Level
Sounds like something has come loose in transit, is it possible to check the drive has both data and power connections in and a solid connection?

Pete

Bright Spark
I'd have a goosie in device manager as it has at least got power.
right click "Computer" icon on desktop > Manage > Device Manager

should be DVD/CD drive list - if it's not in there as suggested, it may have become disconnected.

Unweakened

Bronze Level Poster
Yeh it was slightly, after dragging the heavy thing out lol and taking the panel off i found the cable

problem now is when playing my games i get a flicker on the screen like the game rendering as i move the screen up and down is not keeping up with the game or something??

it's a bit jittery aswell when i go from looking at the floor to looking up at the ceiling slowly. quickly it's fine but slowly it jitters and i get the line across the screen of the game hanging back by a couple milliseconds. enough to be annoying.

Gorman

Author Level
Yeh it was slightly, after dragging the heavy thing out lol and taking the panel off i found the cable

problem now is when playing my games i get a flicker on the screen like the game rendering as i move the screen up and down is not keeping up with the game or something??

it's a bit jittery aswell when i go from looking at the floor to looking up at the ceiling slowly. quickly it's fine but slowly it jitters and i get the line across the screen of the game hanging back by a couple milliseconds. enough to be annoying.

posted in your other thread