Change Generic Update Email

moorw003

Got one of these generic computer generated emails about my order stating it was in the 6th day of pre-production and it can take 7-8 days sometimes.

Now I know the delays on the Optimus, and have been following the specific thread about people who ordered way before me, so it's fine. But given there was no indication on the website stock had run out, there's been little correspondence to the average Joe there was a problem and the vast majority of people who order wouldn't follow the forum, I think it would be polite to put an addition to that email stating why the Optimus may be delayed, because I opened it and laughed. :p

RichyJ91

Bronze Level Poster
It said on the website on the Optimus page in big red bold letters they werent shipping until October 10th, because thats when the new stock would come in. It's commmon sense to think that theres gonna be people ahead of you waiting longer than you have for yours, so therefore theres gets built first.

moorw003

Erm, when did I say it wasn't common sense.

Have to say I didn't see any red lettering, but fair enough if it was there I take that back. When I ordered I did know of the backlog and am happy with that so there's no problem.

I'm just pointing out I have a generic email saying it should be no longer than 7-8 days in pre-production... am in day 7 and fully expect it to be at least another 7. On the basis most people won't be aware of the goings on and the backlogs, the stock email seems a bit inappropriate.

That is all!

RichyJ91

Bronze Level Poster
I agree about the email, I only found out about the stock issues after checking the forum.