Chassis - Underneath the new 17.3" Optimus Pro XI?

raypat

Hi!

Has anyone got any photos of the new 17.3" Optimus Pro XI chassis?

I'm very excited for my new laptop to arrive so I'm being a bit eccentric, because I'm looking at laptop coolers and would like to buy one that matches the vents the most. I saw there was a coolermaster U3 where you can customize where you place the fans but would also like to get a view of the bottom to see if any other one matches, or just buy a 4 fan or one giant one laptop cooler.

Thanks in advance,

Ray

Also my specs for the new laptop which should arrive hopefully before end of April

Optimus Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD 144Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor 10750H (2.6GHz, 5GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 16GB)
Graphics CardNVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2060 - 6.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st Storage DriveNOT REQUIRED
1st M.2 SSD Drive1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3300MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive1TB INTEL® 660p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (upto 1800MB/sR | 1800MB/sW)
Memory Card ReaderIntegrated 3 in 1 Card Reader (Full Size SD / SDHC / SDXC)
AC Adaptor1 x 180W AC Adaptor
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre Cloverleaf UK Power Cable
BatteryOptimus Series 46WH Lithium Ion Battery
Thermal PasteARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound Card2 Channel High Def. Audio + THX Spatial Audio
Bluetooth & WirelessGIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (2.4 Gbps) + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options1 x USB 3.1 PORT (Type C) + 2 x USB 3.1 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Keyboard LanguageOPTIMUS SERIES RGB BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System LanguageUnited Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery MediaWindows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Notebook MouseINTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
Games ControllerXbox One Controller + Cable for Windows
WebcamINTEGRATED 1MP HD WEBCAM
Warranty3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Dead Pixel Guarantee30 Day Dead Pixel Guarantee Inc. Labour & Carriage Costs
DeliverySTANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build TimeStandard Build - Approximately 8 to 10 working days

zayter

Hi, I'm looking for the same image. I don't suppose now that you have the laptop, might you be able to upload a photo of the under chassis please? Many thanks

raypat

Check the threads in the tech support. At the time of refund they insisted that the fans not increasing over 50% was a design feature despite the cpu reaching 95 degrees. You had to manually press a button to activate fan boost which cooled to 65 degrees under load. This might be fixed now but it was a design feature at the time so i refunded it.

zayter

Check the threads in the tech support. At the time of refund they insisted that the fans not increasing over 50% was a design feature despite the cpu reaching 95 degrees. You had to manually press a button to activate fan boost which cooled to 65 degrees under load. This might be fixed now but it was a design feature at the time so i refunded it.
Fair enough. I phoned them about this issue and they said that the control center needed to be installed for the fans to automatically boost when needed. Which it should've been as standard with your spec, but apparently Windows can uninstall it on its own?
Anyway, I'm going for an MSI laptop now as have lost faith in this one.
Thank you so much for the info.

raypat

Fair enough. I phoned them about this issue and they said that the control center needed to be installed for the fans to automatically boost when needed. Which it should've been as standard with your spec, but apparently Windows can uninstall it on its own?
Anyway, I'm going for an MSI laptop now as have lost faith in this one.
Thank you so much for the info.

I had the control centre installed as it came with the laptop. :)