Check it!

Sie

Gold Level Poster
So i've been faffing around recently with specs and ive came to the conclusion of the below spec, which will be used for gaming but on a tight budget

Case
PCS MAELSTROM T900 BLACK GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5-2500 Quad Core (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard
ASUS® P8P67 PRO (NEW REV 3.0): USB 3.0/SATA 6Gb/s, CrossFireX™ & SLI
Memory (RAM)
4GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 2GB)
Graphics Card
1.25GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 570 - 2 DVI,mHDMI - DX® 11, 3D Vision Ready
Free Item
FREE Need For Speed™ World Starter Pack with any Nvidia® GTS450 or above!
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR GREEN WD10EARS, SATA 3 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W TX SERIES (TX650) 80+ ULTRA QUIET PSU (£78)
Processor Cooling
INTEL SOCKET LGA1155/1156 STANDARD CPU COOLER
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
ONBOARD GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI CARD (£16)
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 11 to 13 working days
Quantity

Price: £950.00 including VAT and delivery.

Seems pretty swish in my eyes, choose the i5 over the i7 so i could deck out a nicer GPU, though im wondering...would it be better going for the i7 and Geforce 560Ti or what i have currently chosen that being the i5 and a GTX 570?

Also made sure its future proof to an extent of going with the Crossfire/SLI Mobo but kept a lowish PSU of 650W (which i think is too low if i was to SLI at somepoint?)

So, what do you guys think? Yay or nay?!

//Si

Tom DWC

I would stick with the i5 and 570.

As you say a beefier PSU is required for SLI. A Caviar Black would be better than the Caviar Green as well.

Otherwise, looks good! :)

JSG10

Expert
2nd that sticking with the i5 and 570. Better suited to gaming. :)

You'll be wanting a minimum of 800W PSU if you want to SLI in the future. The 570s consume 330W each at full load then you'll need to allow enough to run your other components.

The black drives are better but only in that they never spin down like the green drives do, if you want to save a few quid stick with the green, you really won't notice the difference, I know I don't especially as my drive is nearly always being accessed so it doesn't have time to spin down.

Sie

Gold Level Poster
Yea, i did a read up on the differences between the black and green caviars and alot of people said the difference isnt noticable and yea i agree with the PSU JSG but that is something i can upgrade in the future when i have a bit spare £££, ofc going with the beefier graphics card i shouldn't need to SLI anytime soon, the way i see it this is just a "foundation" for my gaming rig, due to the current PC im using having no major upgrade ability.

JSG10

Expert
I'd strongly recommend upgrading the PSU now and let PCS do it all for you. Swapping over a new PSU can be a pain in the arse if you're not sure what you're doing. There's a lot of wires! lol But yes, that 570 will last you a long time to come yet :)

Sie

Gold Level Poster
Yea true, but installing a PSU is no problem ive built PC's before in my uni course :) but its deffinatly something i shall consider since its only a few quid more on top of my spec, now im just wishing the 18th of April would hurry up! :D

Sie

Gold Level Poster
Prices gone up? the build above is now £956.00, ofc its only a couple of quid but i noticed there were new Mobo's on the spec creator xD