Check my build! 1440p 144hz gaming.

chaoxf457

Hi! Bought a PC a long time ago and im back to buy another! This one will be much beefier and is designed to be future proof without going too mad. Recently heard that 1440p and 144hz were the bomb, and while i dont expect this build to achieve this for every game i play, not achieve these results 3 or 4 years in the future, i'd be still happy having a higher than 40 Fps on most games on a nice monitor!

Anyways. Heres the list. I also own VR, and i also would like the case to look a little snazzy hence the RGB. Spec wise however, how does it sum up? Could i get comparable performance for cheaper? Maybe something is overkill? Please let me know!

Case
COOLERMASTER MASTERBOX MB530P RGB GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor i7-9700K (3.6GHz) 12MB Cache
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 UD: ATX, LG1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs - RGB Ready
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive
NOT REQUIRED
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB ADATA SX6000 Pro PCIe M.2 2280 (2100 MB/R, 1500 MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H80i V2 Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
COOLER MASTER MASTERGEL MAKER THERMAL COMPOUND
LED Lighting
2x 50cm RGB LED Strip
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB/Thunderbolt Options
2 PORT (2 x TYPE A) USB 3.0 PCI-E CARD + STANDARD USB PORTS
Operating System
NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
NO RECOVERY MEDIA REQUIRED
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365 (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Google Chrome™
Monitor
IIYAMA G-MASTER GB2760QSU-B1 27"
Cable Management
PCS 1.5M Zip Cable Tidy - Professional Cable Management
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
FAST TRACK 3 WORKING DAY DISPATCH
Price: £2,578.00 including VAT and Delivery

Something to note - I have hard drives and SSD's already and will be migrating them from the old PC to the new, however i have a friend who talks for days about these new M.2 things. thought i'd try a good one out. The extra USB's are for the VR stuff as they prefer to use 3.0, atleast 3 of them. I would also like to overclock and hear people getting this particular CPU up to 5.0 ghz quite easily with good cooling.

Regards!
Charles

jerpers

Master
If going for an M.2 drive, I would really go for a WD black or Samsung one as they are significantly better. You will not notice much improvement with the one you selected.
For the VR, Your MB has 6 USB 3.0 connectors on the back already, do you need more than that and the ones at the front of your case?
If overclocking, PCS do sell pre-overclocked machines and the overclock is covered by the warranty. Also, I would go for at least the H100i, the H80i is no better than the Noctua air cooler. The standard fans on the Corsair AIO coolers are quite noisy so if that is a concern I would upgrade to the one with the PCS quiet fans.

chaoxf457

Thanks for the response, I've done as you suggested and removed the additional usb slots. I'll have a brief look at the overclocked machines however I'm comfortable in my ability to do it myself. I've changed to the 240 lite for the cooler as I was reccomended this on Reddit. Noise isn't a problem for me, I'm not bothered by it. As for the m.2 drive I halved the capacity and switched to a western digital, keeping the price the same. I already have lots of drives so I'm not too fussed however I want to try out the m.2 for games like ark which have really large file sizes

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I'd really recommend the H100x over the Lite, as it's much better - especially important if going for overclocking.

And the AORUS Pro motherboard.

Flo

Silver Level Poster
I would look at getting a better PSU for this kind of budget. The 850w rmx series would be better suited. If overclocking, it may be worth investing a bit more on the cooler as jerpers suggested.
You could get similar performance for less if you switch to an amd build. A ryzen 5 2600x should give very similar performance for gaming at 1440p.