check out how much dust ONE fan filter has caught!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Afternoon all, thought i'd share this.

Recently fitted two silverstone fan filters, these

I placed two 140mm fans, one inside case and the other outside the case (underneath pc in little cavity) So a push pull idea, wanted to use up a spare fan.

Then placed one filter to the bottom 140mm fan, had to install it the wrong way though otherwise it would rub on the fan. But check out much dust its caught.

link :) Well worth a few quid. oh they have only been in about a month, and my room aint really very dusty.

Tom

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Ewww tom... :D

Yeh my side panel has been doing a good job with the dust. Really need to get in there again though and give it a quick dust...just awkward with the side panel fan attached...bit of a balancing act :)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
it isn't that much, when i took apart my old PC, i could pick the dust off in lumps, especially on the heatsink

will probably be clearing the crap out every couple of months just to keep airflow high, when i get some cash funds back, i will probably buy a few accessories such as a fan filter

is this filter good though? im not sure if there is one on the bottom or not for my case, i know there is one for the PSU but unsure about the bottom fan itself

*haha found another one of your trusty amazon reviews ;)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
it isn't that much, when i took apart my old PC, i could pick the dust off in lumps, especially on the heatsink
*haha found another one of your trusty amazon reviews ;)

I've only had the filter fitted for 3 weeks, so that's quite alot really.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
true, but they are good though? just realized that i do have a 23cm fan at the front so it might be 4x12cm ones, there are some akasa ones that look perfect and dont have loads of thick plastic round the edge but cant find them on any sites

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
yeh i was looking at the first ones you mentioned, because they dont have loads of thick plastic restricting airflow

the review said it was great 5 star whatever, doesnt restrict airflow and you mentioned the sniper case so... ive seen you about 5 times, under 'tom'

tom_gr7

Life Serving
yeh i was looking at the first ones you mentioned, because they dont have loads of thick plastic restricting airflow

the review said it was great 5 star whatever, doesnt restrict airflow and you mentioned the sniper case so... ive seen you about 5 times, under 'tom'

yeah they are pretty good, I wanted the Akasa ones too but think they are not available.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
hopefully they will be available when i come round to purchasing them

probably, anyway's you may mock my product reviews on amazon, I do seller ones too, lol bought some flea stuff for my cat the other week, the items had been opened before packing and was a bit battered, so I gave them a pants review and they refunded me a fiver!

Stappa

Enthusiast
LOL that's why I removed my 2 dust filters........after a few weeks use both filters were blocked,and dust was still getting into the case(smoke free/pet free house with PC off the carpet......it took far longer to take all the screws out,remove the filters,clean the filters than it takes me to blow out the PC every month or so......my filters now live in the cupboard

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
I really ought to do this on my 1.5yr old non-pcs laptop, it runs 70-80 degrees centigrade with a word document and web browser open. I have frequently put it to 99, never more, I think the cut-off is 100 so I try not to let it go higher! Would it be worth giving the thing a clean?

PokerFace

Banned
I really ought to do this on my 1.5yr old non-pcs laptop, it runs 70-80 degrees centigrade with a word document and web browser open. I have frequently put it to 99, never more, I think the cut-off is 100 so I try not to let it go higher! Would it be worth giving the thing a clean?

The answer is often in the question :)

Give it a go and let us know the difference it makes.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
lol, just clearing out the main load of dirt inside the case should improve temps dramatically, especially on the heatsink

tom_gr7

Life Serving
yeah defo clean ya laptop music guy,

The point I aimed to male when I started the thread, was mainly to point how good the dust filters are and secondly a little reminder to those who have completely forgot about the problems dust can cause. That was a large amount of dust that that has accumulated over only say 3ish weeks, could have easily settled inside a nice warm gtx 580.

tom