check out this overclocked 580

jayjay

Enthusiast
this card is an asus republic of gamers 580 the card has buttons on to increase voltage and fan speed here an article http://www.guru3d.com/news/asus-rog-matrix-gtx-580-graphics-card-announced/
asus_matrix_gtx580_gpu_tweak_utility.jpg

Last edited:

F3AR

i have two 580's.
i win :p

But Seriously, you can "overclock" the 580 via the Nvidia Control Panel, You Don't even have to move your whole body.

MrShteeeve

i have two 580's.
i win :p

But Seriously, you can "overclock" the 580 via the Nvidia Control Panel, You Don't even have to move your whole body.

Haha, makes that 580 above a bit redundant then doesn't it ;), can use control panel(ntune) msi afterburner, loads of different progs for it :p

jayjay

Enthusiast
did you not read the article its 15% faster 35c cooler, thats a serious piece of kit,with some nice touches the rog stuff is well made, as for havin 2 580s kepler will be out in a few months lol

jayjay

Enthusiast
this is a quote from anandtech The odd thing about the GTX580 is that at the ASUS booth, which had a live demonstration, in order to promote the onboard voltage tweaking settings, had a display showing that the voltage can be adjusted from a +50 mV offset, to a 1250 mV offset. Bearing in mind that the chip at default runs around 1 V, adding a +1250 mV offset gives 2.25 V – this is around 0.5 V more than extreme overclockers use

jayjay

Enthusiast
for the second time today amyandsteve we will have to respestfuly agree to disagree lol