Cheer me up........please :)

AndyCFC10

Hi guys

not really sure if this question makes sense??? I'm hoping someone could help me I have a Samsung 27 inch Syncmaster monitor with a (HDMI in 1 DVI) slot at the back of the monitor my problem is that my motherboard (ASUS Sabretooth 990fx) doesn't have a HDMI slot is there any way i can get a HD picture on my screen?

thanks

Andy

Tom DWC

Assuming I'm understanding your question correctly (you have a DVI port on the monitor and on the motherboard?)

Then the answer is yes, a DVI cable has always carried a digital signal (only VGA is analogue) so the only difference between HDMI and DVI is that DVI does not usually carry audio. The image quality with DVI will be exactly the same as with HDMI. But are you sure it's a DVI port on the monitor? Many Samsung monitors tend to have HDMI and VGA inputs.

Edit:-

The ASUS Sabretooth 990FX doesn't have any graphics input? It's not a board for the APU range which have internal graphics. So you should be plugging it into your graphics card?

To avoid confusion could you post your full spec?

Last edited:

steaky360

As Tom has already said, the DVi port on your monitor would allow you to get a full HD signal, you do not need to use a HDMI cable to get high resolutions. It is likely your graphics card will have a DVi out so just use that and a DVI - Dual link cable to connect your PC to your monitor :)

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Try plugging into your graphics card.

Graphics Card 2GB AMD RADEON™ HD7850 - DVI,HDMI,DP - DX® 11, Eyefinity 3 Capable (Has the correct)