CM10 laptop ethernet connection help

LiamMcG

Hi,

I bought a CM10 laptop from the site 2 years ago, it had been running too slowly so I did a full reinstall of Windows 7 and its now back to running properly.

Only problem is it wont let me use the network port to connect to the net, the wireless works fine, but it cant find the drivers to run the ethernet port.

I still have all the files in a secondary folder with the old drivers etc on it, what one should I use

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
RealTek calls it the PCIe Family Controller.

Open Device Manager and navigate to your PCIe Family Controller (in Network Adapters) or, it may be a separate item with a yellow triangle and an exclamation mark (indicating this device has no driver). Right-click it and select Update Driver Software. On the following dialog box select Browse My Computer and in the dialog that follows browse to the folder where you have all the drivers and click the Include Subfolders checkbox. When you click Next Windows should be able to find the right driver in that folder structure and install it..

Last edited:

LiamMcG

RealTek calls it the PCIe Family Controller.

Open Device Manager and navigate to your PCIe Family Controller (in Network Adapters) or, it may be a separate item with a yellow triangle and an exclamation mark (indicating this device has no driver). Right-click it and select Update Driver Software. On the following dialog box select Browse My Computer and in the dialog that follows browse to the folder where you have all the drivers and click the Include Subfolders checkbox. When you click Next Windows should be able to find the right driver in that folder structure and install it..

Still struggling with this, can't find any PCIe drivers or a folder called LAN

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Thanks for your help here,

When I go onto the website I can't see an option for a CM10 model, but I dont see any other model number on my laptop, any ideas?

What model of PCS laptop was it? (Optimus, Vortex, Genesis, Ultranote etc. etc.)

If you logon to your account at PCS and click on Downloads under the Tech Support Menu item on the left you can download a zip file of all the original drivers for your build.