Company of Heroes 2, The western front armies

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I've always enjoyed a bit of COH, Nice to see another coming out. FYI its a standalone game, you don't need COH2 basegame for it.

[video=youtube;ELtWMYXisnw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELtWMYXisnw&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

[video=youtube;wmeJBJHmisg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wmeJBJHmisg[/video]

looking forward to it, not sure if i wanna pay 15 quid though.

Last edited:

PokerFace

Banned
I've always enjoyed a bit of COH, Nice to see another coming out. FYI its a standalone game, you don't need COH2 basegame for it.

looking forward to it, not sure if i wanna pay 15 quid though.

Do what I do tom .... wait 3 years and get it in a Steam sale! ....patience is a virtue :angel:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
yeah i'll be waiting till its mega cheap! Maybe in the Chrimbo sale. Having a ton of issues trying to run COh 2. so far, I've uninstalled the game then re-downloaded and reinstalled, yet game still wouldn't start. Then, I uninstalled again and manually deleted all the files that were left over, and re-downloaded it again. Wants to work this time.

oh and for some reason Coh 2 has no sli/crossfire support. Whats with that? The games been out nearly a year, yet we still have no sli/crossfire support. But they have time to release this "expansion" game.

I blame Sega! Ruined COH and Ruined Total War.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Seems to me like a lot more recent games are ignoring multiple graphics card systems, although I must admit they are not easy to optimize for. Titanfall still hasn't got SLI support and gave me some very weird issues when I had it enabled.

wtf.jpg

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Not supporting sli etc would, in my very basic grasp of such things, smack of "let's not bother because consoles can't make use it it" :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Seems to me like a lot more recent games are ignoring multiple graphics card systems, although I must admit they are not easy to optimize for. Titanfall still hasn't got SLI support and gave me some very weird issues when I had it enabled.

View attachment 5205

Not supporting sli etc would, in my very basic grasp of such things, smack of "let's not bother because consoles can't make use it it" :)

Yeah its a joke gents, I'd argue that in the last few years the quality of AAA PC gaming has declined massively. There are so many examples from across the board of half finished or half baked buggy games. yet, those developers and publishers are still more than happy to roll out the DLC wagon.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
It's the way the industry is going sadly, its all about making money as quickly as possible. AAA titles have certainly decreased in quality although some of the mid-tier developers are doing a great job like Tripwire.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
It's the way the industry is going sadly, its all about making money as quickly as possible. AAA titles have certainly decreased in quality although some of the mid-tier developers are doing a great job like Tripwire.

Yeah, it's pretty sad really. As they would make more money by making quality games. Although, it seems to me that they are more concerned with console sales and PC gamers just have to make do.