Computer blue screens on any game

Stressed

Silver Level Poster
Defiance 15'6
i7 quad core 2,5Ghz
gtx 970m
8 gb RAM
I've had the machine for a month.

My pc started restarting on it's own ever since I've installed the witcher 3 and upgraded the nvidia driver.
Basically any game I try to play now gives me a blue screen and restarts my pc. I tried reverting to the previous nvidia driver but no result.

These are the errors I get

IMG_1967.JPG
IMG_1966.JPG
IMG_1964.JPG
IMG_1962.JPG

Do I need to send this PC back?

Attachments

• IMG_1963.JPG
    IMG_1963.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

Stressed

Silver Level Poster
Haha okay thanks. I'll do that.
Such a shame, was enjoying witcher 3 and wanted to play it over the weekend and bank holiday :(

D

Distinct

Give us a call tomorrow and hopefully we can get a card to you on Tuesday, it would be Monday but that annoying bank holiday is coming up. It will just mean you have to swap the card over with the courier, so an exchange.

Sorry that has happened as the Witcher was released ://

Anyway just going to go install the witcher guys speak later :)

Had to be done

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Give us a call tomorrow and hopefully we can get a card to you on Tuesday, it would be Monday but that annoying bank holiday is coming up. It will just mean you have to swap the card over with the courier, so an exchange.

Sorry that has happened as the Witcher was released ://

Anyway just going to go install the witcher guys speak later :)

Had to be done

Lols.... Cruel!

Stressed

Silver Level Poster
That is cruel hahaha :D anyway enjoy.
I got to play about 3 hours - it's a brilliant game!

I'll have to return the whole laptop as the videocard is soldered on. Should have gone for vortex =) just didn't think I would be this lucky. :D

D

Distinct

Didn't realise it was a laptop man didn't read properly :/

Edit : Check your PMs stressed

Last edited:

Stressed

Silver Level Poster
Turns out that the fault was with the 8GB SODIMM RAM, no other faults were found. If I knew that was the reason I would have sent only the RAM component rather than the whole laptop.
Oh well.. waiting anxiously for my baby's return.

Jamie0202

Enthusiast
Im annoyed I never noticed this thread two weeks ago. Picture 4 told you there was a hardware problem with the RAM. First thing I noticed.

Thanks for updating the thread anyway. So often problems get solved but we don't get to hear the ending. This information could help someone in the future searching the forum for the same fault.

Glad you got it sorted because The Witcher III is indeed amazing.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Turns out that the fault was with the 8GB SODIMM RAM, no other faults were found. If I knew that was the reason I would have sent only the RAM component rather than the whole laptop.
Oh well.. waiting anxiously for my baby's return.

Oh, sorry about leading you astray.... I'm glad they found the issue though and it's getting solved.

Stressed

Silver Level Poster
No worries, to be honest the MEMORY was not the only error that I was getting so that's why I thought it was the video card too.
I actually had another 2x4gb RAM cards in my house but didn't think of trying them to see if it was the RAM fault.

Anyway having my computer back today after 2 weeks. :D Which is good.

mada98

I have just had a similar issue on a defiance. The main issue is that it blue screened while i was playing evolve and now the wifi doesnt seem to work. Not sure if it is related. I have tried reinstalling drivers etc. only other thing i can think of is a full format. I have only had the laptop 2 months :(

Jamie0202

Enthusiast
I have just had a similar issue on a defiance. The main issue is that it blue screened while i was playing evolve and now the wifi doesnt seem to work. Not sure if it is related. I have tried reinstalling drivers etc. only other thing i can think of is a full format. I have only had the laptop 2 months :(

Maybe it's best to start a new thread mate.

How are your temperatures?
Was the laptop on your lap covering the air intake at the time of the BSOD?
Have you ran any diagnostics? If you want to test your RAM open the start menu and type in mdsched.exe and press enter. Follow the on screen instructions to test the RAM. Obviously I'm assuming you're using Windows.