Computer doesn't appear to start, no signal going to monitor, VGA LED on

R0B_

Bronze Level Poster
Hay all...

Quick message to see if anyone here knows the answer. I tried booting off a linux usb device that I use, so went into the bios and changed my boot order. When i restarted, the computer wouldn't show anything on the screen and when I've looked in side the case the VGA LED is on permanently on my mobo.

It also doesn't make any beeping sounds, it's just silent... any ideas all?

Thanks

R0B_

Bronze Level Poster
Just to update... I've checked that everything is sitting correctly in the board, tried booting without the graphics card in, tried resetting to mobo and removing the battery while doing it... But now I'm out of idea's.

R0B_

Bronze Level Poster
I've tried another monitor... I'm going to ring the guys at PCS tomorrow and see if they can explain their setup - procedure as I'm happy that I've more than likely reset the board. If not I may just have to accept that I need to get another motherboard and this one may be faulty... I just can't work out what's wrong...

R0B_

Bronze Level Poster
I know... was getting ready for some awesome gaming tonight...

I think that because it's indicating with a warning light on the mobo that it could well be a fault on the board itself... :(

Oh well... as they say... s**t happens...

LinearHD

Rising Star
Yeah at least you're taking it on the chin and getting on with sorting it out instead of raging on the forums ;D here have some rep lol

R0B_

Bronze Level Poster
Well... I've now tried everything that PCS and the ASUS online support site can suggest. RMA'ing the Pc tomorrow and taking a nice drive to take it back tomorrow. Don't have the original packaging and my boss is happy for me to take the morning off to get it sorted. Bonus...

Everything said, at least PCS have been helpful and more than happy to give it a good checking over for me =)

R0B_

Bronze Level Poster
Got my PC back yesterday... Motherboard replaced and working well...

Dare I say it, but it actually seems to be running cooler in the CPU testing I've done?!?