Computer wont post after motherboard upgrade

silkysean

Bronze Level Poster
I've just installed the Revision B3 P8P67 Deluxe motherboard from Asus, replacing my B2, and now it wont post with all my RAM in place. I have 4x4GB DDR3 1600 RAM which worked fine on my old board but the PC will only boot if I use 8GB in slot 1 and 2. If I fit all 4 cards it brings up post error 3B (or 38). I've swapped them around and reset the CMOS but it still has the error. Anything in slot 3 and 4 stops it from posting.

Gibbs

Gold Level Poster
I believe the P8P67 Deluxe board has had problems with 1600 memory, it seems to prefer 1333 memory.

If you have reset the CMOS, please ensure you have re-placed these settings in the Bios:

AI Overclock Tuner: manual
BLCK Freq: 100.00
Turbo Ratio: enabled (all cores)
By All Cores: 46
Internal PLL OverVoltage: enabled
Mem Freq: 1600MHz
EPU Power Saving: disabled
Load-Line Calibration: high
VRM Freq: auto
Phase Control: extreme
Duty Contorl: extreme
CPU Current Capability: 110%
CPU OverVoltage: manual mode
CPU Manual Voltage: auto
DRAM Voltage: 1.650V
VCCSA Voltage: 1.1250V
VCCIO Voltage: 1.150V
CPU PLL Voltage: 1.81250V
PCH Voltage: auto
CPU Spread Spectrum: disabled
CPU Ratio: auto
Intel Adaptive Thermal Monitor: enabled
Intel Virtualization: disabled
Intel SpeedStep: enabled
Turbo Mode: enabled
CPU C1E: disabled

See if that helps.

silkysean

Bronze Level Poster
Those settings have not made a difference. I even tried running the RAM in 1333mhz mode but no luck. It wont post if anything is placed into slots 3 and 4 (A2 and B2), even a single card on it's own. 1 and 2 work fine.

silkysean

Bronze Level Poster
It's the Kingston HyperX 16GB 1600Mhz Kit.

Thankfully I'm in close contact with a guy at Asus who's sending me out another motherboard to try. Hopefully this one will work. If not I'll stick my old B2 back in. Asus were kind enough to send me the B3 without returning my old board first.

However, I do have a slight problem that when I was taking my watercooling block off the cpu the first time, one of the screws snapped off! So it's held on to the cpu by just 3 screws now, which probably isn't doing it much good. I've requested a replacement now though. The guy who fitted it must be a weight lifter, I still can't get the end of the screw out of the backplate!!