config for game , high setting for 2 years

aresius

COOLERMASTER HAF 922 MID TOWER GAMING CASE

Overclocked CPU
OverClocked Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-760 (2.80GHz @ max 3.80GHz)

Motherboard
ASUS® P7H57D-V EVO: FULL ATX, TRUE USB 3.0 & SATA 6.0GB/s

Memory (RAM)
4GB KINGSTON HYPER-X BLU DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 2GB KIT)

Graphics Card
1280MB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX470 GDDR5 PCI EXPRESS - DirectX® 11

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
640GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD6402AAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Power Supply & Case Cooling
CORSAIR 650W PSU (TX650) 80+ ULTRA QUIET

Processor Cooling
TITAN FENRIR EXTREME DIRECT TOUCH COPPER CPU COOLER

Thermal Paste
ARCTIC COOLING MX-3 HIGH THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND

Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)

Network Facilities
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI CARD

USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence

Monitor
19" Wide TFT Silver/Black 1440 x 900 5MS, D-Sub, DVI, 18.5" Panel

DVI Cable
1 x 2 Metre DVI Cable (£5)

Keyboard & Mouse
Logitech® Internet 350 USB Keyboard
Mouse
Black Logitech® Optical Wheel Mouse USB
Speakers
LOGITECH S120 2.0 BLACK SPEAKER SYSTEM
total 1191£
feedback?
possible play with high setting for min. 2 years ?

Gishank

Bright Spark
That's impossible to say really, with the rate at which games and tech is advancing. It should last a year and a half without the need for an upgrade but always keep in mind nothing is future-proofed.

aresius

That's impossible to say really, with the rate at which games and tech is advancing. It should last a year and a half without the need for an upgrade but always keep in mind nothing is future-proofed.
ok i undestand thanks very much ;)

Sweeney47

As Gishank says its impossible to tell. In my opinion the market is currently being capped by the consoles. Anyone not releasing for 360 is missing a huge part of their market (Crysis anyone?) so essentially thats the hardware to at least match then + some more on. If however in a years time they release a new model then game requirements can potentially leap forwards again.

Personally I would at least get a 850W PSU instead of 650W as with your current setup 4GB will last a while and if it doesnt its easy to plug some more in. The only other thing that will potentially limit you is graphics, 470GTX should last ages but on the off chance it doesnt and you need to upgrade/go down the SLI route 850W should cover you for that whereas im not sure the 650 would.

Anyway thats my recommendation at attempting future proof but its impossible to say when the next leap in tech will be.

aresius

As Gishank says its impossible to tell. In my opinion the market is currently being capped by the consoles. Anyone not releasing for 360 is missing a huge part of their market (Crysis anyone?) so essentially thats the hardware to at least match then + some more on. If however in a years time they release a new model then game requirements can potentially leap forwards again.

Personally I would at least get a 850W PSU instead of 650W as with your current setup 4GB will last a while and if it doesnt its easy to plug some more in. The only other thing that will potentially limit you is graphics, 470GTX should last ages but on the off chance it doesnt and you need to upgrade/go down the SLI route 850W should cover you for that whereas im not sure the 650 would.

Anyway thats my recommendation at attempting future proof but its impossible to say when the next leap in tech will be.
hmmm a sli I too would raise the eletric bill i prefer change the video card for one better in the future (sorry for translate i use google because my english it`s very bad )

Kalisnoir

Super Star
Well then welcome to sunny England! Where you from?

As Sweeney says, its probably best to put your PSU up to an 850w now rather then have to fork out later on down the line because inevitably sooner or later your going to need to put in another GFX card in SLI.

aresius

Well then welcome to sunny England! Where you from?

As Sweeney says, its probably best to put your PSU up to an 850w now rather then have to fork out later on down the line because inevitably sooner or later your going to need to put in another GFX card in SLI.
italy ,
ok i understand thanks very much:)