Configuration for high end Video Editing and Game Playing (Flight Sim 2020)

tikky

Hi Tikky,

A good spot the post has been amended.

Previously I was toying with a RTX 4070 Ti. How does this compare in FS2020 against the 3080 graphics card?
It's a good bit faster and has more VRAM according to : (this is a good site for comparing gpu's). The more the better for MSFS if you're using it at 4K with in game options turned up, but I think a 3080 would be ok for this too and is more budget friendly. About the 4000 series Nvidia's, there's been alot of fuss about how much more expensive they are considering the uplift over 3000 series they give. I have a 4090 and i'm pleased with it but it's something to consider (if they are good value or not).

Last edited by a moderator:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It's a good bit faster and has more VRAM according to : this is a good site for comparing gpu's). The more the better for MSFS if you're using it at 4K with in game options turned up, but I think a 3080 would be ok for this too and is more budget friendly. About the 4000 series Nvidia's, there's been alot of fuss about how much more expensive they are considering the uplift over 3000 series they give. I have a 4090 and i'm pleased with it but it's something to consider (if they are good value or not).
Userbenchmark is not allowed on this site, it's incredulously inaccurate information at the best of times and outright lies at the worst.

They don't benchmark anything, only assign values to physical metrics.

tikky

Userbenchmark is not allowed on this site, it's incredulously inaccurate information at the best of times and outright lies at the worst.

They don't benchmark anything, only assign values to physical metrics.

oh right ok thx i did not know that, i won't be using that site in future.

philmo

Wiht MSFS in mind you can see by looking at numerous You Tube Videos that it does benefit from DLSS, specifically DLSS3 (RTX4000 series cards only). With the 4000 series cards in mind I have seen some people get double the frame rates - although that example was with a 4090. People have been reporting in their fps counter that the frames have hardly changed, this however is they are not recorded in the same way. When using 3rd party apps like Afterburner true fps can be seen.

I am also looking for a new build (I have posted in this forum). To get the best performance I am likely to stretch to a RTX 4070 Ti, one retailer is selling one for £799, which is not a million miles away from the 3070 Ti.

Good luck