Configurator bug: motherboards

Wolvo7

Bright Spark
Hello, I've noticed that the configurator displays 2 Asus P8Z77-V PRO/TB in the drop-down menu. Shouldn't one of them be the normal PRO version of this mobo, without the Thunderbolt port?

If that's the case the information window that appears when we click on the ? on the right should be changed too to display the specs of the normal PRO. ;)

Edit: Apparently this has been corrected for the non-OC PCs but the bug is still there in the OC section.

Last edited:
Reactions: PCS

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for informing us of this issue, +rep :)

It has now been corrected.

Wolvo7

Bright Spark
Thanks for the rep :) Also, I was wondering about the USB connectivity.

If you order a PC with the V-Pro/TB mobo, all 10 USB 2.0 headers are at midboard. However under USB options, the default selection is "6 USB 2.0 ports at back panel". Does that mean that you add 6 additional ports at the back panel that you link to the midboard headers? If that's the case, you'd have 2 midboard headers connected to the front USB ports, 6 connected to the back and 2 spare right?

I'm trying to figure out if I need to get an additional PCI expansion card to get back panel USB 2.0 if I choose that mobo.

Last edited:

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
You will receive the 4 x USB ports that are on the motheboard itself, plus a further two on the back (using mid-board headers) and have two on the front.

Wolvo7

Bright Spark
Ah ok that clears it up :) However in that case if you count the USB 3.0 as part of the 6 ports at the back it may be better to remove the "2.0" from the description and just write "6 USB PORTS @ BACK PANEL" to avoid confusion :)

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
Well spotted, yes, I spotted this a little while ago with the USBs. The thing is, there are uniformity problems a lot of the mobos. It is such a huge effort to change them all and it won't really give many benefits. I think PCS just copy what is on the Asus website which is sensible, considering the number of mobos they have to deal with! So, basically, well spotted but I think the guys probably won't bother changing this. At least, that was the case when I mentioned it. As long as the USB count is correct, I don't think they will go through the palava of changing it all.

Wolvo7

Bright Spark
Hey are you talking about changing the description of the mobos? Didn't quite get your post :p What I was talking about was the description of the USB ports under "USB options", section 4 once you've built your PC. There's no need to add 2.0 after the description since this encompasses both USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports.
So there would only be one drop-down menu to edit, not every motherboard description.

Also it could say "MIN 6 USB PORTS @ BACK PANEL" since mobos like the sabretooth have 8 ports at the back.