Confused about my Order

conscu

Hey, so let me explain: I order a new laptop for £823 yesterday evening (around 4:30pm). I then decided at around 8:30 last night that I would change my CPU from the i5 2.80ghz to the i5 2.50 ghz, which knocked -£72 off.

I called my bank (Only had a total of around £840) today, they said that I still had that 840, but my available balance was just £4.50 - I'm assuming this is because the payment is still processing and stuff (am I right)?

Anyways, I talked to a guy today and he said he'd call me back tomorrow, but I'm afraid that will push back my production time...so

I decided today that I will replace my first HDD with the intel 120gb SSD which I can put my OS and other important programs on, and my second HDD will be the 750gb WD scorpio black, and I also added the 1 yr dead pixel warranty

The total for this comes to £84 - So my final question is would PCS not just keep the £72 (hasn't been put in my bank yet, I called them) and I could pay the extra £12...

Or PCS could be very nice for as to knock off the £12 because I bought a desktop off them 10 months ago for around £820? Would make things so much easier, due to my available balance being just £4.50 for some reason when it should be around £13

Many thanks :)

steaky360

There is usually a time period between the banks pre-authorising a payment and the payment actually coming out of your account. As soon as the bank pre-authorises it you will notice a drop in your available balance.

I guess there is a possibility that PCS will be able to give you 'credit' as opposed to a refund but you would need to discuss, if not though you could tell them your requirements and I'm sure you will be able to work something out (so you pay them the additional once the money has been refunded or something).

Unfortunately I don't think PCS give discounts as a rule (or if they do they dont massively advertise the face :)) they are pretty damn cheap in the first place though haha!

Good plan switching to a SSD though, makes all the difference when booting.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
You would really need to contact PCS direct to sort something like that out,as the forums are not an official channel of support.

conscu

Thanks for your replies, things can get really tight when you're a student! Can just about afford this, almost down to the pennies now hehe :p