Connecting A 5th Display Problem

egorgeg

Enthusiast
Specs in my signature.

Problem: When attempting to connect a 5th display, no matter which ports on the GPU are used, the 5th Display is always disabled in Display Settings, like this:

307483274c84d28a6a57eef28df340e8.png

If I attempt to enable the display by extending the desktop it disables the 4th Display and the 5th Display stays disconnected. The only way to fix it right now is to have a monitor or my TV disabled, which is not ideal. I phoned PCS about this and was told it was my GPU and I needed an MST Hub to activate a 5th Display, as when using 4 Displays my GPU disables a port. I bought an MST Hub from Amazon and it did not work no matter what configurations I had the displays. I phoned PCS again and was told that it was because I was attempting to use the DVI port on the card, and that was likely the reason. So I bought a DVI to Display Port adaptor, but that did not work either. I have returned them both for a refund.

So now I'm not sure what to do. I could ring PCS up again, but I wanted to ask on the forums as well to see if anyone here could help before I phoned again.

Rakk

The Awesome
I assume you mean card only supports 4 Displays. I was told this by PCS, but with an MST Hub I can have more Displays connected.

Yeah, I've read you can do that with an MST hub, but I have never tried it so can't confirm or deny

egorgeg

Enthusiast
After searching around a bit more it does seem that even with an MST Hub my card only supports 3 Displays. Guess I'll just have to swap some stuff around to get around that, bit of a pain. Thanks anyway.