connecting old monitor to new computer help !!!!

shazb

just got my sons new computer and having a problem setting it up his old computer has a dvi to dvi port for his monitor to computer and his new computer does not have a dvi port we can connect it by hdmi but he only has one hdmi on the computer which id needed by vive
can we buy a cable to connect old monitor dvi to display port or hdmi to display port hope this make sense

thank you

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
just got my sons new computer and having a problem setting it up his old computer has a dvi to dvi port for his monitor to computer and his new computer does not have a dvi port we can connect it by hdmi but he only has one hdmi on the computer which id needed by vive
can we buy a cable to connect old monitor dvi to display port or hdmi to display port hope this make sense

thank you
Yes, you just need to buy a cable.

Rakk

The Awesome
Yes, you can get a DP to HDMI convertor for the monitor, I had to when I got my current PC as I had nothing that would take a DP port either :)
I cant remember what I got exactly (it was a while back) but there's plenty of choice on Amazon :)

Edit: Spyder types faster than me

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yes, you can get a DP to HDMI convertor for the monitor, I had to when I got my current PC as I had nothing that would take a DP port either :)
I cant remember what I got exactly (it was a while back) but there's plenty of choice on Amazon :)

Edit: Spyder types faster than me
Yours was far more explanatory.... I've just woken up after my last night shift and am struggling to find more than a few words at a time ;)

shazb

hello
thank you for your reply's do i need a converter or just a cable would this work from amazon

Benfei DisplayPort to DVI DVI-D Single Link 1.8M Cable, Display Port to DVI Adapter Male to Male Gold-Plated Cord for Lenovo, Dell, HP, ASUS and other brand​

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
hello
thank you for your reply's do i need a converter or just a cable would this work from amazon

Benfei DisplayPort to DVI DVI-D Single Link 1.8M Cable, Display Port to DVI Adapter Male to Male Gold-Plated Cord for Lenovo, Dell, HP, ASUS and other brand​

What refresh rate is the monitor? If it's over 60Hz then you may need a particular cable.